Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Nightbird looks like she should've been Nightracer.
You've got a point there. This helps me keep both my Takara repaint of Arcee version, and then get this toy as a different character! I wonder if Reprolabels will make some decals for her?

Nightracer.jpg

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Man, modern Transformers media is just obsessed with ruining Wheeljack's face.

They clearly hope it will stick, thou the original G1 looking head is timeless, if they wanted to give him a mouth, they should of gone the Transformers Prime route, where they retain the classic face wings but give him a full on face that has a battle mask for when in battle!

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
That seems like a possibility for the film, but the toy looks like goggles DO fold up.

As Wheeljack, the figure doesn't do much for me. But I can't deny I love the idea of VW bus Transformer, and the actual DESIGN looks fine. I even dig the goggles as they sort of remind me of oversized hippie glasses.
But...nothing about it really screams "Wheeljack" to me, which is very odd since he seems to have been promoted to "franchise core character" and has such a distinctive head design.

Nightbird looks...fine. I have no real reference for her as a character or design, but she seems likely to be one of those "impossible to translate" designs that have no kibble in the film. Like the broad design at play, dig the hand claw and sword. The big thing that stands out to me is the bronze...it doesn't really "fit" to me. It seems like Hasbro was cutting the sprue count and we end up with a bunch of bronze in vehicle mode to make it present on the robot mode. And then didn't paint the vehicle mode. Even without seeing the film's robot mode, I'd have preferred to see the bronze replaced with black or even a dark blue.

Looking at all these Studio Series leaks, it comes across as a LOT of the use of colors in the bronze/copper/orange ranges...and we still haven't seen Cheetor or Scourge.

Shadewing

Citizen
I've always been fine with the idea of Wheelvan, since tbh in the very first G1 Episode, his alt mode looks more van-ish then car. Then there was CR/RID Wildride/X-Brawn in their super mode that looks very wheeljack as well. And here, we have him being a repair van. That is very much Wheeljack. My only issue is the head. And I'll be honest if it wasn't for the Cybertron scene in BB, I would have less of an issue. Becuase I could see this being a "young" version of Que/Wheeljack. But BB gave us a very G1-y design, and it feels weird going from that to this. As I've mentioned, Arcee looks like that Arcee, but with a earth mode now.

All that aside, I've seen some interesting rumor mongering about Nightbird maybe being Black Archnia, becuase the colors and naming scheme (Dark color/Animal); combined with certain elements of the toy, like the head looking kinda like the toy head, the very specific 8 headlights in place of 8 spider eyes. and a few other things. And her being a villian could also tie into how BA was a Predacon at first.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Is Michael Bay back? This is looking more and more like one of his messes.

That said, aside from the name I love the VW Bus and will absolutely grab one.

Top Bottom