Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Mook is slang for a stupid or incompetent person. In this case, used similar to "minion", but with the added connotation of being too dumb to avoid getting killed easily.

MrBlud

Citizen
Holomatter avatars are a vast reserve of cheap characterization they keep leaving on the table.

It’s hard to care about (for example) Sentinel killing Ironhide when Ironhide only had a paragraph (or less) of dialog over three movies.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Arcee &  Cheetor 2.jpg

Arcee & Cheetor 1.jpg

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There was an agreement that the Theater owners had with the major studios that gave the theaters X amount of days to show the movies before being released to Home media, Cable, Pay Per view, etc. During the Pandemic, the Theater owners were squeezed into agreeing to a shorter amount of time so the Studios could profit more. Which to be honest, didn't really hurt the Theaters as most of their films stop selling tickets way before the new shorter time frame.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The wait for the physical release isn't unusual. Several months after a movie's theatrical release is normal.

It's the early digital release (only a month after it just came to theaters and is still playing, no less) that's unusual.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
The wait for the physical release isn't unusual. Several months after a movie's theatrical release is normal.

It's the early digital release (only a month after it just came to theaters and is still playing, no less) that's unusual.

Exactly this. My fear is that this practice will eventually hurt the availability of legitimate physical copies. I never want to depend entirely on any streaming service for what I watch.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Exactly my issue with this policy too. Buy it for full price for you to stream it as long as it is on our servers, or that your Internet doesn't go out. My ISP is so unreliable that my internet goes out for hours at a time at least once a week. I do like the ease of a digital library but not at the cost of a physical one for movies I want to watch repeatedly. With this 90 day wait from streaming to physical, its clearly designed to get people to buy the digital copy that they make a boatload more money on than the physical disc that they have to manufacture, package, ship, and sell to a third party at wholesale to sell. Now, Vudu, itunes, and google just get their cut and the rest is profit.

MrBlud

Citizen
I preordered the UHD steelbook and simply :ahem: “acquired” the digital version for my PLEX server until I replace it with a 4K rip of the UHD

Reactions: RCX

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
More images of the “Ultimate” Optimus Primal toy. Not the animatronic, but the upsized Core Voyager with peg support, extra articulation and fold out weapons. I still see people demeaning this compared to the fiddly mess that the Studio Series Leader is apt to be. I’m a little sad this didn’t get a real domestic release, I could easily see this selling in the $40-45 range. Also, comparison shots with the Core Voyager and Battlemaster iterations of Primal, and a wacky Tomy stop motion add for it

Official images are being spread of Beast Combiner Optimus Prime, Weaponizer Arcee, and Beast Changer Scourge. It seems Hasbro is spreading out its last releases for the Rise of the Beast kids line. But, sadly, barring any new announcements or leaks…it seems we’ve seen the extent of the Rise of the Beasts kids product line.

Which I find a bit sad, I think there is still some solid material to mine from the film for a few more releases. The Maximals (outside of the Battlemaster segment) have been really underutilized (just like the movie! HA!), along with the Terrorcons. I could easily see a simplified Freezor in the Battlemaster segment, or as a pack in with a Weaponizer Battletrap. Nightbird and Optimus PrimAl’s sword weapons would be easily integrated into Beast Changers. Mirage is noticeably absent in the Weaponizer and Combiner assortments.
My hope remains that the Transformers One product line shares enough design elements and features to ‘blend” with this line. Despite the many flaws (lack of deco, some compromised designs due to feature requirements), I generally like what Hasbro did here, especially with the Core assortments, the Battlemasters, and the Weaponizers.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
I watched the movie on demand tonight. It's a very good movie. The plot is coherent, the camera work in the fight scenes is comprehensible, the characters are genuinely likeable, the jokes are funny and not horrendously racist, and there's no scenes where a grown-ass man says it's okay for him to bang a teenager.

Any critic who genuinely thinks the Bay "movies" are better than this movie is a goddamn hack.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I watched the movie on demand tonight. It's a very good movie.

Any critic who genuinely thinks the Bay "movies" are better than this movie is a goddamn hack.
I'm hesitant to call this one better than the first one, but its certainly head-and-shoulders more watchable than the other four.

Bumblebee, though, still has all the other films beat.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
It might be the Beast Wars nostalgia, but I kinda liked it better than Bee Movie. Seeing Prime and Primal fight alongside each other in something that doesn't involve F.J. DeSanto made me squee.

Top Bottom