Transformers: One - New Animated Prequel coming September 20th, 2024 - Trailer 1 Released!

Blot

Citizen
I don't care how many times you put the Thirteen Primes into things, I still don't care about them.

5OsRimN.jpg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Maybe they could work. Maybe it's not their fault that everything about them is badly handled every time.

But given the track record, I would prefer that they just go away and never be mentioned ever again.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Make them actual characters and I might care. As background myths or whatever the hell IDW was doing, they don't matter.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I don't think most people really remember Cybertron enough to say. I certainly don't. Like, I know I watched it, I own the DVD set, but if you were to ask me what happened in the show, I'd draw a blank. Aside from lots of racing.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I like them fine in everything except the IDW Shockwave story. That can stay a relic of that universe and never be relevant again:

Other than that they're cool.

I'm a big Mythology and Fantasy reader and fan and also big into the story lore of Transformers so they are absolutely my deal.

Certainly I would like it if we got some stories that developed them more but I like them decently as is. Very much looking forward to getting toys of more of them.

-ZacWilliam, one story where we got to see them with Distinct Personalities acting like a family would make them Amazing IMO

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think what I would actually like to see is a subversion of the "god-like, powerful heroes of olde" trope. Like, we see early Cybertronian society, but they're just regular people. Their society and technology isn't as advanced (ironically, though they ARE technology, the actual workings of their bodies is as mysterious to them as the human body was to our ancestors). You have your normal skirmishes between rapidly shifting alliances of tribes and city-states (which are exaggerated into legends of grand battles of good vs. evil in the "present").

Then one day, before Cybertronians even know that there IS life elsewhere in the universe, the Quintessons drop in and conquer the planet.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
There's two possibilities for cybertronians. Either they know where they come from, in which case there's no mystery, it's just a fact they understand.
Or they don't know where they come from, and as such they, being very human like in intelligence, would obviously build belief systems to explain the world around them.

That's why I prefer the 13 to be mythological: legends ancient cybertronians shared to explain things they don't understand, like where they come from or what causes natural disasters. Over time the disparit stories and figures are brought together into a global pantheon, ala the Olympian gods.

I'd love a "Tales of the 13" book that was just a collection of various mythological stories "taken from cybertron." The "Covanent of Primus" is too much "Alpha Trion's blog" to feel mythological. (Also the quality of the writing leaves a bit to be desired.)

Though, like Primus, nothing can be a belief for Transformers; their gods and religion have to be demonstrably real, so I don't expect anything like this to happen.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
It's too bad Alpha Trion is one of the 13, and not just a contemporary. That could have made things more fun in terms of:
Alpha Trion: I was there for all of that! None of it happened that way, but no one listens to me. :<

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It's too bad Alpha Trion is one of the 13, and not just a contemporary. That could have made things more fun in terms of:
Alpha Trion: I was there for all of that! None of it happened that way, but no one listens to me. :<
He originally wasn't supposed to be one of them, but Hasbro felt otherwise.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
To be fair, a lot of them weren't at first. Swap him with Logos Prime, who WAS supposed to be. Done.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
To be fair, a lot of them weren't at first.
The Fallen, Vector Prime, and Nexus Prime all were, at least. Furman grandfathered in Prima and Liege Maximo, which made sense. And Furman was the one who first came up with the idea for the Thirteen.

Swap him with Logos Prime, who WAS supposed to be. Done.
Funny you should say that... Ichikawa recently confirmed that we were all wrong about that.

Last year, Ichikawa was asked on Twitter about the identities of the Primes seen in this illustration (one of whom was assumed to be Logos Prime based on its rather Soundwave-like silhouette):

Original13.jpg

And this is what was said:

Excuse me, Mr. Ichikawa, I'm an overseas TF fan and I have a few questions. I love your drawing of the 13 Primes, but I'm a little curious about who the Primes are in the picture. If possible, could you please let me know?
Other than Vector Prime and The Fallen, the characters are not intended for anyone at all. Fans have speculated that ``one person is Logos Prime,'' but that is also incorrect (I didn't want to arbitrarily add him to the 13 because I felt it was brazen and inappropriate). This may not be a satisfying answer, but it's the truth.

Despite Logos having "Prime" in his name, cosmic powers, and being a contemporary of Vector Prime from ancient times, he wasn't meant by Ichikawa to be one of the Thirteen.

'Twas a shocking response to me, too, but there we have it.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
I don't think most people really remember Cybertron enough to say. I certainly don't. Like, I know I watched it, I own the DVD set, but if you were to ask me what happened in the show, I'd draw a blank. Aside from lots of racing.
Huh. I always assumed "giant Scotsmen" was inherently memorable to everyone.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
The thing I remember most is the terrible, terrible length of the Velocitron arc.

It takes so damn long for them to finally get to the race and finish it, and then it turns out it was just a qualifier!

Top Bottom