Transformers Legacy toyline

Dake

Citizen
On the subject of Nacelle, the more I think about it, the more I want Skywarp with the ridiculous red wings from that promo picture.

We live in the era of "why not?".

Agreed. I know it's about "slots" and distribution and whatnot, but beyond that - Seekers just seem like a way to print money. I think the only Seeker in recent memory that could have remotely been called a shelf-warmer was Sparkless Seeker and I attribute that to him being a mud-colored toy in a box. Anything that is a fun color combo seems like it should do well. Just slot one in per wave (ideally using Earthrise regular/conehead molds).

Shadewing

Citizen
Agreed. I know it's about "slots" and distribution and whatnot, but beyond that - Seekers just seem like a way to print money. I think the only Seeker in recent memory that could have remotely been called a shelf-warmer was Sparkless Seeker and I attribute that to him being a mud-colored toy in a box. Anything that is a fun color combo seems like it should do well. Just slot one in per wave (ideally using Earthrise regular/conehead molds).

He'd be a goodbase to make... Slaughterhouse? I think is his fan name; the Onslaught colored Seeker for season 3 I think.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Slaughterhouse is the name I gave to Sparkless Seeker, but I'd happily give it to a more proper adaptation.

Also, I love that Seeker group into squads of 3 Seekers. For my Tetrajets we have:
  • Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp
  • Nova Storm, Ion Storm, and Acid Storm
  • Redwing, Hotlink, and Sparkless Seeker
  • Senator Shockwave, SG Starscream (Ice Storm), and Nacelle
That last group I'm not as fond of though because I have Senator Shockwave as the leader of the Seekers. Therefore, we need 1 more Tetrajet style to fill in the last squad. ;)

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
On the subject of Nacelle, the more I think about it, the more I want Skywarp with the ridiculous red wings from that promo picture.

We live in the era of "why not?".

I attempted digibashes of all three.

proto Conehead Skywarp.png

proto Conehead Starscream.png

proto Conehead Thundercracker.png

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
He'd be a goodbase to make... Slaughterhouse? I think is his fan name; the Onslaught colored Seeker for season 3 I think.
I agree. I've gone back and forth on just making one and getting it over with. I think part of what calms me down is that I'd prefer the Earthrise mold as a base.

Although the Siege mold is a DREAM to disassemble and paint, night and day vs the "if only they used screws instead of these goddamn rivets for everything" Earthrise mold.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Pins I can almost tolerate since most of the time there's a way to get them out. But rivets that force you to get the knurled end out the hard way and then don't respond to soldering irons are just maddening.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It hasn't made a difference to me, since the screws they were using were the cheapest garbage anyway. I have not been able to unscrew a Transformers screw since 2007. The teeth go flat immediately.

Deathy G1

Citizen
Seekers just seem like a way to print money... Anything that is a fun color combo seems like it should do well.
I mostly agree with you, but I also think I may be picker than most as far as what constitutes a "fun color combo." The only one that I've ever bought for that reason is Nacelle. I actually haven't done much of the Siege/Earthrise Seekers outside of the main 6 except for Nacelle (purely for the colors) and Cloudcover (to get the Ramjet mold), and I'd have skipped Cloudcover if there were any rumors of Ramjet coming.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
On a related note, it's being widely reported across Reddit, TFW, and the TFWiki Discord of there being several copies of Nacelle with mold on them.

Not "mold" as in plastic injection, but "mold" as in fungus.

Anyone here who has a copy or will receive one soon should check theirs as soon as possible.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Cancel your orders, send those back or eat the loss and get into contact with professionals to dispose of them. Even the ones without visible growth can be contaminated with spores or have growth inside the hollow parts, joints etc. Another nobody seeker repaint isn’t worth a possible biohazard.

Last edited:

Echowarrior

Citizen
Well, I didn't go for Nacelle, so I guess I don't have to worry about this, but how is this a thing? How does a toy, fresh from the factory, have mold? Is it the factory's fault, or what?

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
They were definitely contaminated at the factory, otherwise you'd expect the boxes to have the mold growth. Fungal spores are everywhere in minute amounts but generally don't develop into mold unless conditions are favorable. That there are multiple toys presenting with mold growth suggests very unhygienic conditions at the factory.

Last edited:

Top Bottom