Transformers Legacy toyline

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Credit (or infamy depending) where it's due, but I believe it was someone sitting around Bandai that snapped their fingers first. :LOL: Which is also probably why Hasbro won't make just straight "rocks".

On a side note - this is their chance to fix the biggest missed opportunity of the Fossilizers subline by giving us a Transformers version of "Rockasaurus Rex"!
517px-FossilsaurusToy.jpg
Er, that's "Fossilsaurus".

RichardT519

Citizen
I believe Fossilsaurus was the purple'ish one. Either way, the Tonka catalog called this one Rockasaurus. Maybe Fossilsaurus was the creature's type and Rockasaurus was its name?
According to the link, "Rockasaurus" also refers collectively to the single rocks that turned into dinos. If I'm reading correctly, the combiner was named "Rockasaurus Rex".

But yes, this would have been a cool idea to produce with the Armorizers.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Genus and species?

I suppose that all the fossilizers are technically rock lords? Fossils being stone and all?
I think I may have enjoyed the rock aesthetic if applied to beasts rather than vehicles. The Fossilizers are named as such, but the molds are more bone than stone in appearance.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think I may have enjoyed the rock aesthetic if applied to beasts rather than vehicles. The Fossilizers are named as such, but the molds are more bone than stone in appearance.

I am enjoying the rock vehicles, but I would also happily take rock animals as well. Something like the old Rock Lords Terra Rock or Spike Stone:

terra-roc.JPG
spike stone.JPG

But with a robot mode instead of a rock mode.

But, if they wanted to straight up make a new Fossilsaurus/Rockasaurus, I'd buy it.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Im still hoping for a good Sunstorm from the either the Siege Seeker mold of the Earthrise mold. Or an all new mold.

IMO, the only good versions have been the OG E-Hobby, Timlines (Classics mold) and Universe (Armada Thrust mold).

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Image of Cyberton Vector Prime Concept Design Notes for Legacy United Voyager (11)__scaled_600.jpg

Behold, the guardian of space and time, Legacy United Cybertron Voyager Vector Prime! A perfect time for one of the 13 primes to intervene in what has seemed like, pure interdimensional multiverse insanity.
Working with Yuya san is always a great honor, dude is so talented it leaves me in awe. Also, shout out to Aaron Archer, Eric Siebenaler, and Kunihiro san for being involved in the first creation of such an awesome character.

As my good friend Monzo Matt put it “He’s old, he’s letting his wires hang out”! Partials are always very challenging, but I am pretty stoked as to how this guy turned out. He has his cyber planet key and his rhisling sword casted in translucent teal metallic that really shimmers in hand. I dialed in the grey tone to be darker then the og toy as in the show it seems spot on now. The metallic teals and gold and deep raspberry metallic make this color scheme out of this world.

I also share an image of alot of the sculpt details and deco hits were made to match as best as possible to the animated series. You can see me throwing together the original vision of the partial molding utilizing comic illustrations.

Do the Legacy time portals finally come to an end? What say you!? There’s still time ⏳ for the final showdown, or is there? Arghhh

“I finally understand the true value of time, for it is the bonds between us that give time its meaning.”
Image of Cyberton Vector Prime Concept Design Notes for Legacy United Voyager (19)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of Cyberton Vector Prime Concept Design Notes for Legacy United Voyager (17)__scaled_600.jpg

(Source: - https://www.instagram.com/p/C6TodbUuVLy/ )

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
I feel like the burgundy forearms and fully-burgundy feet might've made that land better for me, personally.

CrockAlley

Citizen
Yeah the ship mode is not great, but I had to grab mine and see if it can match some of the poses the Legacy one can and it fell short by a lot (doesn't even have elbow swivels). So in terms of posing the Legacy toy wins.
It's up to personal taste, of course, but sometimes I prefer the uncompromised aesthetics and play features of the original versus the better articulation of the Generations update. Articulation is very fun, but so often these days I feel that updates of Beast Wars (TM) and beyond are lacking a finished quality.

I might appreciate these updates more if they weren't trying to hew so closely to the original (and missing). I'd love to see some broader, more creative interpretations of these characters.

Top Bottom