Transformers Legacy toyline

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Some things mentioned about Nucleous in the stream is that while he's themed around Nucleon, the mineral he's modeled after is quartz. It was also seemingly insinuated that Nucleous and the other Armorizers are all "sparkless bots" with a hole in their chests to illustrate that, suggesting that they may not actually be sapient individuals.

Well sparks are soul analogues not brain analogues so it would suggest more that they are not Primus-Born Transformers but there's no reason they couldn't be Sentient or Sapient.

-ZacWilliam, Humans ain't got Sparks either.

NovaSaber

Citizen
Every instance of sparks acting like ghosts (or of Transformers ghosts at all, really), or of "old spark in new body" being the same individual as the spark's previous owner, suggests that sparks are minds too.
(Even though instances of Transformers being reprogrammed, or not having their memories when an old spark is put in a new body, suggests the opposite.)

Onyx

Citizen
Really hoping the Straxus is in fact a Kingdom Galvatron repaint/remold. It's what he was in the UK comics, if I'm remembering right. Hasbro realizing there are actually OTHER leaders is great! Now, can we get Cryotek, Thunderwing and Thunderclash?

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Could someone please remind me, wasn't there a leak of a non-comic-series leader Straxus? I'd like to get him, but I'd really prefer without the comic shading.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Really hoping the Straxus is in fact a Kingdom Galvatron repaint/remold. It's what he was in the UK comics, if I'm remembering right.
...No? He wasn't.

Straxushead.jpg

That's what he was in the UK comics.

In the US comics, he was this made-up original design:

Straxusholdscourt.jpg

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Had to take a long call at work so I missed Vector Prime on pulse.

Decided to go with Entainment Earth, but I only wanted Vector Prime and Nucleous, which was like $20 short of free shipping, and wouldn't you know it, shipping was $20, so I figured I'd get just get another deluxe for essentially $5. But unfortunately, every deluxe they had in stock or on preorder I already got.

Trying to decide if I even want to bother anymore.

Anonymous X

Citizen
Wasn't sure if it was UK or US. I was going more based off his alt mode.
Yeah, it was the US comic, but we got the US stories reprinted (with a delay). The story was published March 1986 in the Marvel US comic, and July/August 1986 here in the UK comic. I definitely noticed the similarity with Galvatron at the time, as the action figure was creeping into retail here. Looking at the timings, I wouldn’t have been surprised if artist Don Perlin had seen the official character art for Galavtron and modified the design a bit.

Glitch

Citizen
Regarding sparks and brain modules, I gather what information the body collects and processes through the brain goes straight to the spark but a spark when placed in a new body can be suppressed like Blackarachnia's shell program or the Vehicons personality programming. Basically they are energy being in armor.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Trying to decide if I even want to bother anymore.

You don't (read: I wouldn't). He looks okay for a retool, but where's Safeguard, and why isn't the front of his ship mode filled in? There's just a divot left where Jhiaxus' nosecone was. Really shitty, imo. Robot mode is great but too many compromises to be worth chasing him down to that degree. Tbh, he's an "eh, if I see him deeply, deeply discounted, I might consider it."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Newage is full of crazy ideas like that. They did a backwards remold of their Cyclonus into Depth Charge and it works.

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
Huh. That came out a lot better than I would have thought. The spaceship mode is a little stumpy, but I don't hate that robot mode. I love the ancient clockwork automaton version as his original form. This looks almost like a "reborn" and rejuvenated version
I have mixed feelings on Vector Prime, like how is Jhiaxus' altmode pointer then VPs' Sith Infiltrator mode? But I think I want him and I like the idea that he's reborn in a newer body. Plus mines showing his age and his wings are getting soft.

Saw there's a listing for Cybertron Sideways, which is cool but Armada Sideways needs the updated toy.

Last edited:

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I feel like we just got a pretty solid G1 Springer a couple of years ago, not sure if I really need / want a leader class. If Sandstorm wasnt so G1 looking I would be passing on him, but he is one of the few I had leftover from the 80's and holds a special place. Id rather have seen him at Voyager size though.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I feel like we just got a pretty solid G1 Springer a couple of years ago, not sure if I really need / want a leader class. If Sandstorm wasnt so G1 looking I would be passing on him, but he is one of the few I had leftover from the 80's and holds a special place. Id rather have seen him at Voyager size though.
I'm up for Springer, as the current version never received a clean/regular paint job.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
You don't (read: I wouldn't). He looks okay for a retool, but where's Safeguard, and why isn't the front of his ship mode filled in? There's just a divot left where Jhiaxus' nosecone was. Really shitty, imo. Robot mode is great but too many compromises to be worth chasing him down to that degree. Tbh, he's an "eh, if I see him deeply, deeply discounted, I might consider it."

I meant bothering with the hobby at all.
I'm just tired of the constant chase and dealing with orders and just the whole thing.

Onyx

Citizen
I've never played Devastation, so I had to look up the Grey Seeker and Ground Soldier. Blue Runamuck is ok, but that seeker is the real star of the show.

View attachment 20753View attachment 20754

Though I do wish we were getting repaints of Dirge and Thrust to go with all the Ramjets.
Need both Ground Soldiers A & B. (Runaway and Runaround?)

That Seeker will make for a great stand in for Black Death / Black-Out.

Top Bottom