Transformers Legacy toyline

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Super excited for his arrival. My only exposure to the character is The Gathering, which I can't remember how I own? But he just looks like an absolute amazing toy.

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Looks pretty good, especially the improvements to Landsaur. I think I preferred some of the color choices on the original though. A more silver-y robot face instead of green (even though I guess the latter is show-accurate?). And the new one's wings look like ham slices.

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
While I never had the original, I do currently have the legacy verison in hand and I put him into Magmasaurus mode, which looks weird, sort of a three way, sex game with creatures unrelated to one another and it makes me wonder, what the heck was going through the mind of the original desginer, he got to be about the strangest Transformer in existance! Anyway, he is certainly worth the cost and the most complex commander class to date

Platypus Prime

Citizen
There are still quite a few strange ones that haven't been remade, like BW 10th Megatron. In robot mode the gimmick is fine, but in beast mode, you shove a key into the cloaca and his tail flips up to fire a missile out his butt.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Which seems to be roughly similar in character choices to Legacy, aside from a focus on having the Thirteen Primes.
Oh, yay, those guys again...

I wonder if they'll have actual toys rather than cosplaying Pretender stand-ins this time, at least.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Would Hasbro be so bold as to package non-transforming action figures of the Primes in Deluxe, Voyager, and Leader class boxes, just because the fiction says they predated the art of Transformation? :devilish:

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, nothing says they have to be non-transforming. Even the POTP ones transformed. I'm thinking something like a Legacy Skullgrin situation, more transforming Pretender shells. But swap out Skullgrin and Bomb-Burst for other Pretenders.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I expect that they're regular transformers, and this year's Vector Prime will be a preview of what we can expect from the rest of the range. I.e., similar to how CW Buzzsaw featured TR gimmickry, Vector Prime should give us an idea if there will be any patterns to expect from the remaining 12 over the next couple years. If there are to be any unifying designs, decos, gimmicks, etc., Vector Prime will probably have them.

I still hope they can interact with the Prime Masters in some way. I'll at least interpret them as some sort of avatar at least. But if they can stow away in their bodies somewhere, maybe in a spark chamber, that would be fantastic.

Deathy G1

Citizen
Rockformers! Why are they so cool?
Rockformers! Buy them all, you fool!

Igneous, metamorphic too, and there is one more type of rock called sedimentary.

Rockformers! Please make so much more!
Rockformers! Gonna make me poor.

Rockformers!

IMG_4018.jpeg

IMG_4016.jpeg

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I have wanted to like these, especially with the great robot modes and that lovely color scheme on Shard. But something about the aesthetic is keeping me from enjoying it. For Shard in particular, it might be how uniform the shards are in size and pattern. Robot mode limbs look like stacked blast effects and the altmode looks like... tempura? But dang, I love that color combination.

Or maybe it's that they're vehicles. I'd probably be all over these if they were rock beasts. Although that might be too similar to the Fossilizers.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've been loving them. My one and only complaint is that I 100% disagree with the decision to put those tabs on Shard's blades. I see that they're there to help keep them all nice and perpendicular in 'copter mode, but it prevents them from being held like swords. Swords always take precedence over other considerations. ALWAYS.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I never like the idea of Transformers that "predate" Transformation, whether it's the 13 or the upcoming pitch for Transformers One, but that's juts me.
Also, I just want to say I'm fully aware the original cartoon and comic both had Transformation being something that was invented later in cybertron's history.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Comic definitely did, but I don't remember the Cartoon being that way.

Still, it gives us an interesting story to tell.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
The Comic definitely did, but I don't remember the Cartoon being that way.

I think it was part of the data video that Spike, Carly, and Swoop watched in "Desertion of the Dinobots". Something about one side developed the ability to transform to gain an edge in the war, and then the other side followed suit.

EDIT: Yeah, it's the Autobots that are said to have invented transforming in part 2 of "Desertion of the Dinobots, and corroborated in part 4 of "Five Faces of Darkness", according to the wiki.

Last edited:

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
Would Hasbro be so bold as to package non-transforming action figures of the Primes in Deluxe, Voyager, and Leader class boxes, just because the fiction says they predated the art of Transformation? :devilish:
They gotta transform, right? They made fossils and are making rocks that transform (well, partsform), I've wanted proper toys of the 13 (aside from the ones already made) for years so I hope their designs are good.

Top Bottom