Transformers Legacy toyline

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
what if we call the guy who turns into a cheetah cheetor and the guy who turns into a rhino rhinox

I guess whoever did the naming thought it might help kids idenify the type of animals they were, the only real expections to that were Megatron and Optimus, thou they altered Prime to Primal to reflect his primal nature, I presume

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Beast Wars must be extremely painful for you.
Nope, because it happened when the names didn't phase me, and I loved the characters before the naming conventions got to me.

These days, yeah, okay, a little. But I love rhinox and scorponok entirely too much.

Shadewing

Citizen
GoBots really loved to put unnecessary spaces in names, even if the name with no space was a real word.

Van Guard, sounds like someone that guards vans. It lowkey bugs me. Vanguard is, as you say, a real word with an actual meaning. The space, for me, changes the whole feel of the word.

Noip

I'll think of something later.
Citizen
Maybe you can trademark Van Guard but not Vanguard?

I make no claims one way or the other, but vanguard is a real word.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Gears, ratchet, jazz: as nouns; they're pretty generic.

Isn't it "Autobot" gears, ratchet and jazz these days anyway?

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
Maybe you can trademark Van Guard but not Vanguard?

I make no claims one way or the other, but vanguard is a real word.
It was the '80's, there was a lot less concern about the trademarkability of character names. (Hence the *blasts and the characters with their factions added in front of their names in recent years) I'd guess that the space was just added to emphasize the pun. Hyphens in GoBot names seemed to be reserved for when one or more syllables were replaced with 'alternate' spellings (Cy-kil, Cop-tur, Spay-C, etc.), with Man-O-War being the notable exception (since it's an actual old naval term).

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Dooky # 2 Guard combines with Thundercracker and WIndbreaker to make...
i-dont-get-it-clueless.gif

Anonymous X

Citizen
Hang on, here's a thought... The Infernac Universe figures... They're basically TransTech, but rock-based vehicles instead of animal-based vehicles?

(I half wonder if TransTech characters would've been appearing in Legacy next year were Legacy not being replaced by the Swapticons range. Possibly.)

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I doult it, as Transtech didn't get very far in the production process, so it more likely we would of seen them tackle Beast Machines more along with Energon & Cybertron, Energon hasn't gotten much love in general, the show was terrible in terms of story and animation, but it had a few good figures in the toyline along with the combining gimmick for the Autobots, but then, they haven't given much love to Beast Machines either, much of the focus has been on the G1 and only more resently, Beast Wars but they are mostly over looking those two shows, but then we can also say they are over looking Beast Wars 2 & Neo for the most part

NovaSaber

Citizen
(I half wonder if TransTech characters would've been appearing in Legacy next year were Legacy not being replaced by the Swapticons range. Possibly.)
Legacy's replacement is "Generations Prime".
Which seems to be roughly similar in character choices to Legacy, aside from a focus on having the Thirteen Primes.

Swapticons are presumably some type of gimmick line, primarily sold in 2-packs. We don't even know if they transform or not.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Legacy-United-Magmatron-18.jpg

Legacy-United-Magmatron-17.jpg

Legacy-United-Magmatron-16.jpg

Legacy-United-Magmatron-15.jpg

Legacy-United-Magmatron-14.jpg

Legacy-United-Magmatron-12.jpg

Legacy-United-Magmatron-13.jpg

• Legacy Magmatron is bigger than BW Neo Magmatron not only in robot mode, but in his individual dinosaur modes.
  • Legacy Magmatron is slighly shorter than Legacy Armada Optimus Prime.
  • Skysaur’s wing-missiles can also be used as swords like in the original BW Neo toy.
  • Seasaur’s neck is shorter and has less articulation points than the original BW Neo toy, but it looks more proportioned and in scale with the dinosaur body.
  • There’s waist articulation not present in the old toy.
  • Landsaur is the most articulated of the three dinosaur components.
  • Legacy Magmatron got neck articulation, but it’s limited due to the way Skysaur’s legs connect to the main body.
  • Legacy Magmatron’s sword is made of painted rubbery plastic. It’s storaged inside Landsaur’s tail like in the original toy. The sculpt is missing some side spikes of the original toy.
  • Skysaur’s wing-missiles are also made of rubber plastic.
  • A pair of Seasaur’s flippers are made of rubber plastic (the ones not in a ball joint)
(Source: - https://www.facebook.com/groups/722347631199021/permalink/6733129720120752 )

Top Bottom