Transformers Legacy toyline

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I feel like if it hasn't happened already, the chances are extremely low at this point.

I would have been interested in a G1 Skyquake, too.
I mean, we have to be getting G1 Skyquake at some point, right? The mold was pretty clearly designed with him in mind, even including the combining-with-smaller-jets gimmick.

It wouldn't be the first time the obvious use of a mold wasn't ever done, but it would seem especially shocking in this instance.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I have to assume the tooling already exists for the G1 Skyquake/MW Starscream/King Atlas remold, so hopefully we see it at SOME point in the future, be it in Selects or some Walmart or Target exclusive subline or something.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I'm honestly not expecting a redeco of Prime Skyquake into G1 Skyquake because, with the G1-ification mentality of the current Hasbro team, they likely see the toy as already being able to represent both Skyquakes at the same time. Otherwise, why else would they have felt the need to make Prime Skyquake look as much like G1 Skyquake as possible (instead of simply de-curvy-ing Prime Skyquake and calling it a day, like they did with Bulkhead, Arcee, and Knock Out) if they didn't want the toy to make it so both Skyquakes could be considered one and the same?

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm honestly not expecting a redeco of Prime Skyquake into G1 Skyquake because, with the G1-ification mentality of the current Hasbro team, they likely see the toy as already being able to represent both Skyquakes at the same time. Otherwise, why else would they have felt the need to make Prime Skyquake look as much like G1 Skyquake as possible (instead of simply de-curvy-ing Prime Skyquake and calling it a day, like they did with Bulkhead, Arcee, and Knock Out) if they didn't want the toy to make it so both Skyquakes could be considered one and the same?

I more or less figured that the mold was always intended to be a half-way point between the two Skyquakes so that a new color scheme/head would be all that was needed to go from one to the other. But to your point, honestly, even just being in G1 Skyquake's colors would be enough for me to buy it. But that's kind of where there WOULD need to be a new release. Even if you consider the mold to be close enough as-is, that's not G1 Skyquake's colors even a little.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I more or less figured that the mold was always intended to be a half-way point between the two Skyquakes so that a new color scheme/head would be all that was needed to go from one to the other. But to your point, honestly, even just being in G1 Skyquake's colors would be enough for me to buy it. But that's kind of where there WOULD need to be a new release. Even if you consider the mold to be close enough as-is, that's not G1 Skyquake's colors even a little.
Right, I know that it's not close enough to G1 Skyquake for us, but I'm saying that Hasbro might consider to be close enough for them, all because of the G1 elements they added to the design.

Like, if someone were to ask Hasbro directly if they would ever make a G1 Skyquake from the mold, their response very well might be, "We already did."

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Right, I know that it's not close enough to G1 Skyquake for us, but I'm saying that Hasbro might consider to be close enough for them, all because of the G1 elements they added to the design.

Like, if someone were to ask Hasbro directly if they would ever make a G1 Skyquake from the mold, their response very well might be, "We already did."

Possibly? A few years ago, I would definitely have agreed, but the current design team seems to be more "one of us" than some past teams. Plus, it's not like they have shown an unwillingness to do the same characters repeatedly with slight variations/improvements. Just look at Ironhide going from Siege to Earthrise to Studio Series as a for-instance.

That said, I'm not going to bet on getting a G1 Skyquake sometime soon. I'd just say I would gauge the possibility as over 50% (but not a lot over) that we'll get him out of this mold eventually. Maybe like 60/40.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I feel like a lot of the obvious redecos were going to be under Selects, but Hasbro oversaturated the line and had to pull back. I feel like if it had been the middle of WFC, we'd totally had gotten a Cyrotek.

Badgertron

Citizen
Character decos for nostalgic figures, like Jhiaxus, have been pretty accurate so far for Legacy. Also, there was that design artwork that had the Skyquake mold in slightly more G1 colours. Considering they haven't done Dinoking or Monstructor from the mini Dinobots yet, I'm still holding out hope that we've yet to see a bunch of Selects releases.

Shadewing

Citizen
Character decos for nostalgic figures, like Jhiaxus, have been pretty accurate so far for Legacy. Also, there was that design artwork that had the Skyquake mold in slightly more G1 colours. Considering they haven't done Dinoking or Monstructor from the mini Dinobots yet, I'm still holding out hope that we've yet to see a bunch of Selects releases.

Dinoking is supposedly the next Pulsecon exclusive.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm going to forget the Volcanicus mold exists by the time we finally see this Dinoking.

I completely skipped the legends class Dinobots combiner, because it not exactly something I actually want out of that scale and I am loosing interst in that scale as it is, plus, I am collecting the SS86 Dinobots and already have a Dinobot combiner in the POTP verison

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
It’s an ambitious project but it simply has too many compromises in all modes for the prices they go for and hassle of tracking all of them down.

a boxset could help in both respects.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Shells seem unlikely for Dinoking. That being said, I'd pick up the set if we do indeed get a Dinoking in the near-future, if only for the novelty.

Top Bottom