Transformers Legacy toyline

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Admittedly, the only ones I have are whoever came in the Botropolis set.
I have those four, plus Countdown (who came with Omega Supreme), Lunar-Tread (came with Guardian Robot), and the HasLab-exclusive Rescue Patrol Team that came with Victory Saber and Deathsaurus.

If we're also counting Cassettes, then I also have the Ravage and Laserbeak that came with Netflix Soundwave, and the Generations Selects 4-pack of Knok, Skar, Frenzy, and Wingthing.

Lobjob

Citizen
I mean I bought a handful of Micromasters, but outside of articulation, its hard to argue they were better than the originals. Mine always had pieces pop off and they were findly.

Micromasters were some of my favorites back in the day, but I also wasnt feeling rebuying a bunch of little dudes i already had versions of.

They should just rerelease original minicons in new colors. Or make new ones from the ground up. Or, i guess i (we?) Could use the ones we already or scour ebay.

Last edited:

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I bought a fair bit of the ones that were released in recent years and I like them all. I will agree that limbs popping off is/was certainly an issue with some of mine. Not enough to affect my overall enjoyment, but an issue nonetheless.

I just wish that Minicons could have been included with the Armada "partners" that were supposed to have them, pricetags be damned. I would have been willing to pay a bit more for said figures, even if they merely pegged on and did not unlock special features. I just like little bots a lot!

Echowarrior

Citizen
And my payment have cleared for the United stuff I preordered on Hasbro Pulse. And bringing things back to Mini-Cons and Micromasters, I've gotten shipping notice for the SG Rodimus and Sideswipe set. Yay!

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
They should just rerelease original minicons in new colors. Or make new ones from the ground up. Or, i guess i (we?) Could use the ones we already or scour ebay.
How many of the original molds even still exist, though? Takara used the hell out of them.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I made myself notice something. I always had a problem with Legends / Cyberverse Legion / whatever, including Siege Micromasters. The tolerances are never right. Limbs pop off. Things that are supposed to peg together don't go all the way flush. They could be my favorite area of collecting but in practice I'm always disappointed.

I did not have this problem with Armada Minicons. I had issues like Mirage not attaching securely in Skyboom Shield mode, but I never had a Minicon not fit properly with itself. Not even once. I think Mirage's issue was just a badly designed connection point, not a fit and finish issue.

Unicron Trilogy plastic was just different.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I made myself notice something. I always had a problem with Legends / Cyberverse Legion / whatever, including Siege Micromasters. The tolerances are never right. Limbs pop off. Things that are supposed to peg together don't go all the way flush. They could be my favorite area of collecting but in practice I'm always disappointed.

I did not have this problem with Armada Minicons. I had issues like Mirage not attaching securely in Skyboom Shield mode, but I never had a Minicon not fit properly with itself. Not even once. I think Mirage's issue was just a badly designed connection point, not a fit and finish issue.

Unicron Trilogy plastic was just different.
Hmm, since the Legends class actually first began with the Cybertron line (which also had its own Mini-Cons), which line do you feel was when the Legends class first started to feel this different? Movie 1? Universe? ROTF? Something later?

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm disappointed that Siege Swindler is such a pain to transform. He just gets in his own way, and his arms can barely move besides.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Micros that come with Deathsaurus are much better than the Siege Micros.

I'm all for more like them....Mini-Cons as well.

Fair point. Would love Hasbro to release them separately maybe redecoed a bit in the future. They are better than the two that came with Victory Saber. Well, ok not Fire, he was fine. Holi however, his hips fell off if you looked at him funny.

Steadfast

Freelancer
Citizen
That new batch of Mini-Cons just after Cybertron proper was clearly designed by a different team than the AEC ones. They were a bit smaller, a little thinner (though part if that was FINALLY BEASTS).

The PCC ones, though, were great, as was Centuritron, so, uh, idk.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Wonder if it has something to do with the increasing emphasis towards CAD as the technology improved.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That new batch of Mini-Cons just after Cybertron proper was clearly designed by a different team than the AEC ones. They were a bit smaller, a little thinner (though part if that was FINALLY BEASTS).

The PCC ones, though, were great, as was Centuritron, so, uh, idk.

The latter day MiniCons did certainky feel more like Micromasters than MiniCons. I got that old 10 pack (the one with figures like Boltflash and Bodyblock). The PPC ones were really good, barring the potential risk of clesr plastic. The battle axe MiniCon was my favourite.

I think it’s just that the (thus far two) new mold MiniCons we now have are so much better than the Micromasters, it makes me wish the Micros were better and didn’t feel so hamstrung by restrictions.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Well, Christmas came early. I now have the Legacy United releases for Tasmania Kid, Bouldercrash, Animated Bumblebee, Magneous, and Rescue Bots Chase. Meanwhile, BBTS has Tigerhawk in. I'm a little annoyed that they got him before they got Evolution Dreadwing, but there you are.

Top Bottom