Transformers Legacy toyline

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
These designers totally get us. Some of us wanted a Titan Tidal Wave. Some of us wanted the Megatron combination. They knew we were going to complain no matter which option they picked.

They found a third option none of us thought of. I can't get over it.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
These designers totally get us. Some of us wanted a Titan Tidal Wave. Some of us wanted the Megatron combination. They knew we were going to complain no matter which option they picked.

They found a third option none of us thought of. I can't get over it.
...but several of us thought of it?

Maybe not the exact method of implementation, but I know I had an idea for smaller parts to replicate the combination, and I'm sure I've seen others mention it.

As for Fort Max and Metroplex, I think the latter is the superior of the two in alt modes. Sucks he only has the one gun, but better than no guns, I guess. But at least, as annoyingly sprawling as his city mode is -- I mean, I get it, and I'm glad it can be, but some way to condense it a bit like G1 would have been nice as well -- at least there's places to go in and around it, rather than Fort Max, which is chiefly just "on." Even the "entrance" ramp feels kinda useless, with how steep it drops off and goes nowhere.

Heck, I think even that G1 Fort Max playground they had at a convention years ago has more of an interior to play around in than TR Fort Max.

I also wish he didn't look so annoyingly incomplete in every single mode if his head isn't attached. It almost defeats the purpose of him being a Headmaster -- er, Titan Master. Sure, Cerebros could integrate into G1 Fort Max's city and base modes, but not as the entire top of the tower, and there was a flap to close up where he'd be when he wasn't there.

Do we know anything about the drop tests that G1/Brave Max failed to prevent his rerelease over here? Like, specifically, what the point(s) of failure was/were?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Do we know anything about the drop tests that G1/Brave Max failed to prevent his rerelease over here? Like, specifically, what the point(s) of failure was/were?
I would imagine that the whole thing simply shattered into a million tiny pieces since, despite being a fairly solid figure, it's still pretty heavy. All that weight combined with gravity and a hard floor would be a disaster waiting to happen.

By contrast, all Titans of recent years have been reasonably lighter in weight compared to G1 Fort Max.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Huh. I thought "use different materials" was one of those suggestions that got quickly shot down when we were still angling for a Brave Max release.

Blot

Citizen
It really is the leg ratchets that kill both figures for me. Not being able to safely pose them in anything other than standing for fear of the whole thing toppling over is just plain frustrating. Metro having this is one thing, but Max having the same is just plain weird. I’ve often wanted to (but never got around to) trying to hunt down the upgrades and/or do the washer trick to tighten the ratchets.
I always figured Metroplex (and by extension Max) had the ratchets as loose as they did to help the younger hands move those gigantic joints-- a problem Trypticon over-corrected.

Glitch

Citizen
Last notable Mini-Cons I recall was the assault team for Thrilling 30, their combined mode wasn't all that great but maybe they could do something better with the Street Action team and perhaps Laserbeak, Leader One and Sparlplug as core class figures.
the only other figures I can think of as new Mini-Cons are the Studio Series Arcee triplets but they may have benefitted from being core class too.

Shadhausen

Citizen
So I got Chase from Amazon and he's nice overall but has one major issue-the shoulders do NOT lock in place vertically which makes posing his arms in any fashion a pain.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
BBTS just sent me the pre-order processing notice for tasmania kid...

But, ah... but still waiting for rumble, frenzy and snarl... which were supposed to drop last month.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am blaming the near total lack of Mini-Cons in Legacy entirely on all of you who didn't buy the Micromasters in Siege and Earthrise.

This is all your fault.

Siege Micromasters were hamstrung in so many ways that undercut them. You can’t blame us for that failure. :)

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
IMG_20231218_170655080.jpg

Look what came today....

Echowarrior

Citizen
I am blaming the near total lack of Mini-Cons in Legacy entirely on all of you who didn't buy the Micromasters in Siege and Earthrise.

This is all your fault.

I bought every Micromaster that got released for those lines. I wish that we were getting more.

And as for the first wave of United, Pulse is supposed to be getting the first batch for me in soon. Maybe not before Christmas, but maybe just in time for my birthday.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I bought one version of each mold but skipped the repaints. They weren’t bad but far from good enough to warrant rebuys.

Top Bottom