Transformers Legacy toyline

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I’m fairly confident they’ll redo Fort Max and Metroplex at some point. They’re going to run out of big characters or ships to turn into big characters eventually. And if not retail, there’s always HasLab.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Legs, their boat mode on the orginal had a gimmick of being able to flip up to have seats for minicons, being a troop transport boat kinda like you see at the start of Saving Private Ryan.
Oh, that's gone? Dang, that was one of my favorite parts.
In the meantime, I'm still content with Encore Fort Max. I only got the Grand Max version of the TR/Legends mold, and the original G1 mold is still miles better in several aspects.
I still hate that I had to miss out on Encore Fort Max. ;_;

I really love and appreciate my wife getting me TR Fortress Maximus in its place when it came around, but... well, I don't think I have to explain it here, yeah?
I'm content with the Kabaya one. It keeps a lot more features than TR did, and the size makes it actually fun to handle.
At this point, I'm almost kind of practically willing to settle.

I think.

Maybe.

Sigh. G1 Fort Max is probably the one I've wanted the longest, for as long as its been around, so I dunno. (I'd settle for a Brave Max, if I could get accessories. With the nighttime lights deco and color scheme, I almost prefer it.)

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I’ve got the Encore version as well and love it as I could never afford a complete G1 version. I do have the rerelease of him on pre order, but might cancel. He’s honestly just going to sit in a tote in the garage for awhile.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yeah, I have the Encore version as well and it is great; still has such epic base and city modes. I like it so much that I sold my old, yellowed, probably-never-likely-to-be-complete G1 copy. I double dipped for both the TR and LG versions, and I still love the robot mode. His alt mode(s) just don't really do it for me.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
How the TR Fort Max designers went with the old mistransformed not-City mode over Max’s actual fortress mode boggles the mind. I snagged the encore when it was still ‘reasonably’ priced. Awesome figure.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
How the TR Fort Max designers went with the old mistransformed not-City mode over Max’s actual fortress mode boggles the mind. I snagged the encore when it was still ‘reasonably’ priced. Awesome figure.

You need to bare in mind that they were working with the first ever titan mold for a retool, so they were limited on the desgin, prehaps the next time they decide to do Fort Max with everything they have learned in the years since the first Titan class was released, they might do the oppocite and do Fort Max first and then a Metroplex, but only time will tell!

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I had Encore preordered from the jump, but had to bow out at the last minute due to a... downgrade in our financial status at the time.

Less of an issue now, but now aftermarket prices have made it so that it's practically as out-of-reach now as it was then!

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Never got the Encore here, but I did get Brave Max back when he first came out, and still got him somewhere. It really is annoying that with just a couple changes to the legs on the TR/LG version they could have at least had the "fortress" towers, as IIRC by unscrewing a couple plates in the legs, you could fold it up that way without problem

Shadewing

Citizen
I'd want a Fort Max redo before a Metroplex one. Metroplex, despite his flaws, still looks like Metroplex and transforms into his correct forms. Fort Max looks fine in Robot mode, but his alt modes are both kinda weak. Compared to all the other titans, Fort Max is the closest one to being "lazy" IMO.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It's funny. We're having this conversation in this thread, while over in the "Post pics of..." thread do I make this post comparing the Titan Fort Max mold to the original, as if to illustrate (or, perhaps, even rebuke) some of the points made in this thread.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It really is the leg ratchets that kill both figures for me. Not being able to safely pose them in anything other than standing for fear of the whole thing toppling over is just plain frustrating. Metro having this is one thing, but Max having the same is just plain weird. I’ve often wanted to (but never got around to) trying to hunt down the upgrades and/or do the washer trick to tighten the ratchets.

what holds me back is primarily how good all subsequent titans have been and the hope that this will continue and lead to a new take on these too. Though post Tidal Wave, I’d bet on a new Max before Metro, because Legacy Cybertron Metroplex exists.

Speaking of big Wave. The fact that Hasbro are splitting the difference between Titan bot Armada game size Tidal Wave and combing weapon show Tidal Wave is very cool. Plus, big purple space battleship is awesome. I’d personally love (though I admit it’s highly unlikely) to see this guy in full Energon toy colours, as Energon is the only version of Tidal Wave I owned.

Top Bottom