Transformers Legacy toyline

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Looking at the Tidal Wave art…I’m at a lost to decipher the characters. I’m just seeing a bunch of car/truck characters, and given the number of release venues (mainline, capsule, exclusives, Selects…), they could be anybody.

The blue one and yellow one in the water seem to share elements, that’s the best I can see.
They just look like generics to me, too. But Sam said they should be recognizable as Easter eggs, so maybe they show up better in person than in screencaps.

Shadewing

Citizen
Looking at the Tidal Wave art…I’m at a lost to decipher the characters. I’m just seeing a bunch of car/truck characters, and given the number of release venues (mainline, capsule, exclusives, Selects…), they could be anybody.

The blue one and yellow one in the water seem to share elements, that’s the best I can see.

While they could be real characters, Armada wasn't a stranger to using random generics either in familar colors or familar bodies in different colors. Is there a chance they could just be homagin that?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They've homaged bots that were never advertised, that we only know of from samples that turned up in eBay auctions that luckily happened to get documented.

Anything is on the table.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I don’t think it’s worth staring at the tiny blurry robots since they’ve used generics liberally before. Anybody hiding there’s gonna be revealed eventually and with the bonus of not getting crosseyed.

Very well. Then, how about Legacy Prime Bulkhead?
Or even just vanilla Prime Bulkhead?
Get a load of that mug.
I object to it on the grounds that his mouth is visible behind the alleged chin, casting into doubt the chin authenticity lol

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Maybe that green/purple guy is a repaint of Beachcomber as Cybertron Hardtop?
hardtop.jpg

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Tidal Wave does look really nice. As much as I like him, I wasn't originally going to get the Titan release. But they have packed so much good stuff into it that I can't pass it up. Oh, and I am a little miffed that he has a much better base mode than TR Fort Max. Didn't see a Tidal Wave base mode coming, and I sure didn't expect it to look as good as it does.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's not perfect. I can see things that theoretically could have been done better with unlimited time and budget. But they didn't have that, so some things had to give. I'm satisfied, because I don't see anything that doesn't have a fair reason for being the way it is. Tidal Wave has a long and contradictory priority list, and they picked as many things as they could. I may have picked different ones, but I can't say the ones they picked are the wrong ones.

Top Bottom