Transformers Legacy toyline

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I can't believe the thing I want the most here is Energon Megatron. I never expected it to look bad, but I wasn't expecting them to nail it quite so hard either. They shrank a Leader toy down to Core size and there's nothing wrong with it.
The “confirmed, but not” Galvatron redeco should be interesting. Hasbro and Takara deviated a bit more noticeably on that front, so it will be interesting to see which compromises and priorities they make. The original figures also had a more varied deco, so it will also be interesting to see how Hasbro incorporates things like the red abs.

I’m hoping the strong showing by Megatron and Tasmania Kid are strong indicators of how well rumored figures like BMac Cheetor and Dinobot end up being.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I'll tell you exactly how Thundertron got a toy, for those curious. Ten bucks: Tidal Wave being the Titan for the year came first. Folks have been clamoring for it. Then the question was "How do we support that in the toyline" and one answer was Armada Galvatron, but the Other was "Do Thundertron" since Tidal Wave was HIS pirate ship in fiction. That he also gets you another piece of Prime rep in the toyline probably didn't hurt either.l but I would bet the Tidal Wave link is what got him a berth as it were.

-ZacWilliam, and Tidal Wave and Thundertron are absolutely why next years Walmart assortment is the Star Seekers. It's all Synergy.

Shadewing

Citizen
I'll tell you exactly how Thundertron got a toy, for those curious. Ten bucks: Tidal Wave being the Titan for the year came first. Folks have been clamoring for it. Then the question was "How do we support that in the toyline" and one answer was Armada Galvatron, but the Other was "Do Thundertron" since Tidal Wave was HIS pirate ship in fiction. That he also gets you another piece of Prime rep in the toyline probably didn't hurt either.l but I would bet the Tidal Wave link is what got him a berth as it were.

-ZacWilliam, and Tidal Wave and Thundertron are absolutely why next years Walmart assortment is the Star Seekers. It's all Synergy.

They even gave a pretty heavy "knowing wink" when talking about him, and very blatantly mentioning his ship being important.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Down for Thundertron and probably Energon Megs. A couple of other maybes, but I'm gonna wait until I see some better posed shots. The rock dudes are a neat idea, but I feel like they need more color contrast, so I'll wait until I see them in person.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
The “confirmed, but not” Galvatron redeco should be interesting. Hasbro and Takara deviated a bit more noticeably on that front, so it will be interesting to see which compromises and priorities they make. The original figures also had a more varied deco, so it will also be interesting to see how Hasbro incorporates things like the red abs.

I’m hoping the strong showing by Megatron and Tasmania Kid are strong indicators of how well rumored figures like BMac Cheetor and Dinobot end up being.
I'm sure this means a larger version of this version of Megatron will be released.

Dake

Citizen
Man... this whole time leading up to Thundertron being confirmed, I was thinking Thunder Clash. Ah well, peg-legged lions are cool too I guess.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen

I’m calling it now:
The reason for the Thundertron Leader listing is because it’s going to be a repeat of the Kingdom Spoiler set with Megatron. We’ll get a slightly redeco’d Thundertron (maybe a GO Prime deco?) with one of the Armorizers in bronze/gold coloring And maybe some “golden Energon cubes” or something.

Depending on the maturity level and/or cheekiness of the marketing team, said Armorizer may have a name relating to “booty”

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I’m calling it now:
The reason for the Thundertron Leader listing is because it’s going to be a repeat of the Kingdom Spoiler set with Megatron. We’ll get a slightly redeco’d Thundertron (maybe a GO Prime deco?) with one of the Armorizers in bronze/gold coloring And maybe some “golden Energon cubes” or something.

Depending on the maturity level and/or cheekiness of the marketing team, said Armorizer may have a name relating to “booty”
I wouldn't be surprised if they do any of the existing recolours, such as Nemesis/Go Prime, Alpha Trizor or even Lio Convoy versions of this mold.

Primetoy-LeoPrime.jpg

TFGo_Go_Prime_Stock.jpg

TL-toy_AlphaTrizer.jpg

Anyway, here's a comparison pic between the original and new versions.

Thundertron...HOOO!!!.jpg

Blot

Citizen
On the one hand, it's a shame his beard doesn't go "all the way" to his pelvis like it used to. On the other hand, the effect was so sloppily done nobody even could tell that's what it was trying to do.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
"Not Lords". If they were actual Rock Lords, I would get them in a heartbeat for Nostalgia, but "sparkless rock beasts that turn into vehicles covered in cake frosting/icing" doesn't do it for me. Attaching bits of cake icing to my regular TFs seems as ugly and irrelevant to the CHUG aesthetic to me as those Primus-awful Fossiliser abominations.
Oh my.

Ok. My two cents? Weaponizers? Meh. They were cool design wise, but they looked like standard Cybertronians, gimmicks aside. Only they looked like generics I couldn't be bothered for. Fossilisers? Creative certainly, and I get why a lot of people like them, but the idea of them being fossils of Predacons and Maximals... eh.... something wasn't clicking. Using the gimmick on Junkions is brilliant though, and that's been fun.

The rock dudes though? I'm ALL IN.
No they don't fit the Generations aesthetic. No they're not carbon copies of the Rock Lords. And I don't care. They're unique, they're different. I feel like for the first time Hasbro's really gotten this gimmick to a point where I can just let my imagination take over. You have your Autobots, Decepticons, Maximals, Predacons, even a Star Seeker, but these rock guys? They're so clearly different from the Cybertronians that my mind is running with the possibilities of what they could be.
The lack of fiction is, for me, a plus and not a minus. Yeah I heard they're based on some characters from some G1 episode, but to me they strike me as entirely weird and alien dudes who I can fit into my collection as not just offshoots of the Autobots and Decepticons, but as entirely their own thing.

And that's very, very cool.

Sorry if the fun was too much for you.

Last edited:

Blot

Citizen
The rock dudes though? I'm ALL IN.
No they don't fit the Generations aesthetic. No they're not carbon copies of the Rock Lords. And I don't car. They're unique, they're different. I feel like for the first time Hasbro's really gotten this gimmick to a point where I can just let my imagination take over. You have your Autobots, Decepticons, Maximals, Predacons, even a Star Seeker, but these rock guys? They're so clearly different from the Cybertronians that my mind is running with the possibilities of what they could be.
The lack of fiction is, for me, a plus and not a minus. Yeah I heard they're based on some characters from some G1 episode, but to me they strike me as entirely weird and alien dudes who I can fit into my collection as not just offshoots of the Autobots and Decepticons, but as entirely their own thing.
And if you look at the packaging, you'll notice Hasbro didn't try to kludge them into factions. They're just their own thing.

Top Bottom