Transformers Legacy toyline

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I appreciate the usage of the G2 Decepticon symbol…but not much else. I’m a bit disappointed it wasn’t a new mold since Hasbro has effectively done the same thing with the prior Earthrise Megatron and his redeco. If they were going to repaint the Core mold, an original Combat Hero deco might have at least been something we haven’t seen in the last few years.

Maybe they felt that, with Iguanus and Skywarp and the overall packaging design, there was too much purple in the line?

Shadewing

Citizen
if the lower arms were grey/silver like the original toy, it'd make him look a lot better; as atm he's too neon green for me.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Maybe they felt that, with Iguanus and Skywarp and the overall packaging design, there was too much purple in the line?

Or it could be that they are using fans desire for old school G2 as a part of their cash cows and milk the mold even more than they have done already, we all know that the Laser Optimus at some point is likely to get the Black repaint job and Hasbro is trying to get as much money as they can from the fans!

Platypus Prime

Citizen
This is highly unlikely but I wonder if the new Core Megatron mold would fit in the Double Pretender shell, as I have the Arctic Hero Deco one that came with it and it would be halarious if I could get a small green G2 one to make a 'full set' since I wasn't able to get the clear one that came in the GI Joe pack (I really wish I'd been able to now simply because of HISS Megatron, and I am unwilling to pay ebay prices for a Biggles-Jones. Hindsight...).

Shadhausen

Citizen
Why do all these youtube reviewers have such a hard time with getting the exposure right? I swear I almost need sunglasses to watch them.

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
I'm surprise but happy to see the G2 Con symbol, which bugs me even more that Optimus doesn't have one, but I guess the original Laser Optimus didn't have any symbols.

It's an issue with the original g2 megatron, but the head sticks out too much. Needs more grey on the figure.
At least the original had grey on his mid section, arms, thighs and feet. I get because of it's size and parts breakdown why it's so much green, but they couldn't make his thighs grey to break it up a little bit?

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Also happy to see the G2 Con symbol, but yeah, he really needs some more silver on the arms/thighs/feet to break things up. And a differently colored face (either lavender to match the toy, or blue to match the comic, would work). The all-silver head makes it feel like it's G1 Megs wearing his neon green footie pajamas.

Lobjob

Citizen
They should have opted to give him the comics blue face. At least that would toss some color up there. On a bigger figure this might bother me but on a tiny core class guy I'm cool with it.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, the backpack is a tad awkward, but from the back-of-the-box picture, it looks like maybe it folds up a little better than the loose pictures would imply. Car mode is very nice.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Ugh, that car mode is so nice. I wasn't gonna grab these Stunticons, but the alt modes (so far) are absolutely doing it for me.

Paladin

Citizen
Yeah; I'm out.

Attachments

• Legacy Motormaster.png
    Legacy Motormaster.png
    764.8 KB · Views: 103

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
So the Trailer itself is pretty much the Limbs of Menasor..... I'll give it that it will look pretty Toon accurate, but that's a bit too accurate for my tastes. I'm going to be odd and say I actually prefer the CW Menasor. I prefer the team members to actually form the limbs and not just be plug on accessory pieces.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I like it. I think Menasor will look great once the rest of the Stunticons are attached. As I've mentioned before, I wouldn't want this style of combination for any other gestalt, but since there is precedence for this look on Menasor, I think it works.

EDIT: Also, better pictures are up at TFW. As someone there pointed out, it looks like the arm and leg frames attach to the torso via the old Combiner Wars type connectors, so the main torso is backwards compatible with the CW Stunticons allowing you to create either cartoon accurate look.

Last edited:

Top Bottom