Transformers Legacy toyline

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, I don't really value the playset idea, it would have to be so vast to be good it'll never happen.

Also the shape of the Nemesis would inevitably mean a fairly rubbish playset.
It doesn't have to be in scale. They could have just had a top section that opens up to reveal a bridge. Maybe a little jail cell in the back, and a couple of pop out turret spots for your figures to sit in.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I do appreciate what you're asking for Predaking, I love playsets. With Transformers and GI Joe, I've always built my own playsets. I remember back in the year 2000, I build a play set with my brother-in-law down in my in-laws basesment that took up a whole spare bedroom. I'll have to dig up my old photographs of that and scan them in digitally so I can share them with you guys. It was basically a Decepticon city.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yeah, I am firmly in the "wish they had been playsets" camp re: both The Ark and this Nemesis release. Throwing the engineering and budget into something that splits open and becomes a command center, bridge, general hangout area, etc. would've been far more appealing to me than "by God, we've gotta make 'em transform above all else."

As it is, I've willingly agreed to pay the cost of admission for half of the functionality. I don't have any desire to ever display either Titan figure in their robot modes, much less transform them. But hey, if this is what it takes to get actual toys of both ships, then fine. I just wish that the current team could have had the courage/freedom/ability to do something a little different, especially at the current price point.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm definitely on team pro playset. I never have and probably never will have the ark as a robot that never existed. Same with nemesis. But give me a ship that scales with minitoys but could also be folded open like castle grayskull with a command center then we're talking.

The ark half ass does this with the teletraan that also inexplicably is a robot, but I see no such feature on nemesis. Which frankly seems a bit light on add ons compared to the ark.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
The ark half ass does this with the teletraan that also inexplicably is a robot, but I see no such feature on nemesis. Which frankly seems a bit light on add ons compared to the ark.

Perhaps it's a case of Titan-sized shrinkflation? I was a little puzzled with the decision not to include another transforming figure, but I fear that this might be the cost of doing business in 2023.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I dunno but stuff like this gets me greedy for the Axalon and the Predacon ship.

I know united Axalon exists but that was a hot minute ago.
And it wasn't really the Axalon, but rather a Japan-only Sharkticon recolour. There was an American exclusive mini toy of it though.

Screenshot_20230504-032623.jpg

Ironically, the Axalon Sharkticon used design cues from the G1 Nemesis, coming full-circle back to the original topic.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This is a more interesting looking bot than the Ark, but it's sad that it does so little else.

I continue to believe that Commanders are the sweet spot. The budget just doesn't go far enough anymore to let Titans do much besides be big. Commanders are comparatively packed with features.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
What I want someday (and probably won't get) would be a 'that one room from the show' mode from an Ark and Nemesis. Most times the Autobot or Decepticon bases would have their scenes take place in some generic room where you'd have the computer on the wall, some table/medical bed/flat thing, maybe a chair for Megatron. It would be rather easy to make either ship in Titan size unfold into a decently sized diorama that would work for almost all toy sizes one way or another. Nothing would be perfect since size was out to lunch for the most part, no matter what the scale charts claim, but it would be a great thing to have a toy of the base that unfolds INTO the base.

RE: the note about pricings, I'm seriously considering just letting Pulse lapse. I don't know if I'm getting enough anymore to compensate for the extra $50.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
It wouldn't surprise me if Super 7 or some other sofubi company make official, oversized and overpriced "decoy" versions of G1 characters in the future, for over £100 a pop.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
What I want someday (and probably won't get) would be a 'that one room from the show' mode from an Ark and Nemesis. Most times the Autobot or Decepticon bases would have their scenes take place in some generic room where you'd have the computer on the wall, some table/medical bed/flat thing, maybe a chair for Megatron. It would be rather easy to make either ship in Titan size unfold into a decently sized diorama that would work for almost all toy sizes one way or another. Nothing would be perfect since size was out to lunch for the most part, no matter what the scale charts claim, but it would be a great thing to have a toy of the base that unfolds INTO the base.
One thing to note about that. Unlike the Ark being the Autobot's Earth base, the Nemesis wasn't the ship that the Decepticons used as their Earth base.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
The only way $50 a year for Pulse would be worth it is if that *guaranteed* you a chance to order any and all store exclusives.

I've already spent or have on order $69 (nice) worth of shipping for this year alone. The free shipping of Pulse would have already paid for itself now.. which is probably why they don't offer it to Alaska :D

Top Bottom