Transformers Legacy toyline

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Core Dinobot jank has stopped being endearing. The combined mode isn't shaping up to be the payoff it needs to be to make up for it.

One thing that's interesting and different with the original Monstructor/Dinoking gesign is that the leg bots contribute the thighs, as opposed to every other combiner where they just contribute the shins. Legacy has taken the more common approach, and it's made the legs worse in every way.

I kinda like Grimlock's robot mode though. That's going to be an adorable Goryu.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
The thing is, I was actually watching the "progress" of the Core Dinobot combination thing with some interest at one point, due to the possibility of a modern Dinoking. I don't have much connection with those 'bots either though - more of a curiosity. But regardless of whether or not this set gets "converted" (see what I did there?) into Dinoking, the end result just isn't worth it for me. Like Coffehorse just mentioned, I can't look at them as cutesy, fun/cheap little figures; they're just bad. And I can do bad all by myself...

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
The thing is, I was actually watching the "progress" of the Core Dinobot combination thing with some interest at one point, due to the possibility of a modern Dinoking. I don't have much connection with those 'bots either though - more of a curiosity. But regardless of whether or not this set gets "converted" (see what I did there?) into Dinoking, the end result just isn't worth it for me. Like Coffehorse just mentioned, I can't look at them as cutesy, fun/cheap little figures; they're just bad. And I can do bad all by myself...

I honestly expect when it comes to Dinoking, there will be some retooling on the bots to bring them a bit closer to their character models from Victory and after that, third party comes in to make upgrades, by design or not, they are thriving with the 3D printing market

Shadewing

Citizen
Grimlock is mistransformed in the official stock photography.

Someone is mistransformed in the stock photography? :eek: Why? How? This has never happened before, and surely the perpetrator needs to be cuaght and flayed for this grievous error that is causing such dismay amongst the fandom.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
They don’t have too much of any plastic. They design the molds before they order the plastic which costs peanuts regardless. The most expensive part of manufacturing aside from maybe R&D is making the steel molds so they put the cassette on the clear plastic molds since there isn’t any blue anywhere else on Blaster, they don’t have the paint budget to paint the all the cassette parts the right colors if they put them on shared sprues with Blaster and they have a limit on the number of molds per toy. It’s a compromise for sure but not because Hasbro ordered too much plastic.
I can't speak for others, but I'd rather have given Blaster an opaque cassette door than force an entire cassette Transformer to be made out of clear plastic.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Someone is mistransformed in the stock photography? :eek: Why? How? This has never happened before, and surely the perpetrator needs to be cuaght and flayed for this grievous error that is causing such dismay amongst the fandom.

Its likely a couple of things:
1. Whoever taking the pictures is in a rush
2. Said person, doesn't give a dam about the toys and is there simply to take pretty pictures and earn a bit of money
3. Whoever setting up the display, is not really caring, if it looks kind of like a alien robot, then, they are happy enough to say "Cheese!" and then move onto the next figure

So, whoever set it up, is clearly not apart of the team that makes the toys

Glitch

Citizen
Legacy-Evolution-Wave-2-085.jpg

Notice the silver on Slag's frill and inside his gun below it, the toy doesn't have that.
Also I think Holiday Optimus looks similar to Prime universe Optimus, maybe that's who he was intended to be.

Cybersnark

Citizen
Its likely a couple of things:
1. Whoever taking the pictures is in a rush
2. Said person, doesn't give a dam about the toys and is there simply to take pretty pictures and earn a bit of money
3. Whoever setting up the display, is not really caring, if it looks kind of like a alien robot, then, they are happy enough to say "Cheese!" and then move onto the next figure

So, whoever set it up, is clearly not apart of the team that makes the toys
I mean, at least they stopped hiring the sasquatch they had back in the early 2000s.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
I was sure hoping for a Quake or Quickmix reveal
Not to exsited for any of thses if im being honest

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Just got me an order in for ship-to-store pickup!

Glad I don't have to buy her from RobotKingdom after all.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Not to exsited for any of thses if im being honest
I get it, I was hoping for an Action Master colored Thundercracker , possibly in the Shattered Glass line, but whatever.

And since I don't want to spend $75+ on replacing my Insecticons, I never actually got started on what should have been the big draw for me...

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Got one in too! Right after I paid eBay special prices for one, lol. Oh well, I actually want one to customize, so it works out. Thanks for the tip, UndeadScottsman!

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Thanks for the heads up... I had just been in a Walgreens this evening thinking "are they ever going to get Minerva in stock??"

And since I don't want to spend $75+ on replacing my Insecticons, I never actually got started on what should have been the big draw for me...

Same here... Shrapnel's my favorite of the three 'regular' ones, and this one objectively looks pretty good, but I'm not moved to buy it. I think the price is finally becoming the stumbling point for me. Same for Metalhawk, who before I figured is someone I'd be interested in, but something about this one doesn't grab me.

I'm still kinda hopeful the Dinobot redo (either Dinoking or Monstructor) turns out to be worth it though.

Glitch

Citizen
And I was hoping for another core Dinobot, not two pointless repaints, I figured we'd get two Dinobots per wave but it looks like they'll be spread over Legacy part 2 and 3.
What next? Swoop/Snarl/Skarr next to Shattered Glass Rattrap (white mouse) and Energon Six Shot/Shattered Glass Shockwave? and through each naff repaint, we complete our combiner in 2025?

Last edited:

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
Don't be silly. Of course they'll do Packrat before they do SG Rattrap. ;P

I was hoping we'd see Skar this time too. For that matter, how long do we wait for Dinoking's reveal, assuming it still happens?

By the way, people are thinking we might get Monstructor? Surely that would require a lot more retooling than Dinoking would?

Top Bottom