Transformers Legacy toyline

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Odd. The render makes it look like this Prime doesn't have a neck, but it totally does. This is looking better and better.

ChessPieceFace

Citizen
Laser Prime's flip-up missile launcher shoulders are such a funny feature for me. It's like the designers read somewhere that Laser Optimus/Scourge had shoulder-mounted missile pods, and they said, oh, we better include those! We can just put a hinged panel behind these random circle things! And anyone who was a kid during G2/RiD is like, the circle things WERE the missile pods...

ChessPieceFace

Citizen
I really do hope that this doesn't happen. there are hardly any GameStop's in my area anymore.

View attachment 1761
I'd be good with Gamestop, I had no problem pre-ordering the Bumblebee/Dino-cassette exclusives via their online store. They even went on sale!

Much better than Walmart (never did find the "Vintage Edition" Highbrow) or Walgreens (ended up buying Bluestreak on eBay)...

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
At least the G1-ified Prime thing is a theme throughout I guess? 🤷‍♂️

Meanwhile literally everyone else in the wave has had more recent updates. Not that they're unwarranted, just kinda extra disappointing on the Prime end.

Gridlock

Citizen
It also looks like they misplaced the Matrix for some of the posed shots, which is another reason why I didn't notice it immediately... did they mention it in the video reveal? If so, I missed it.
View attachment 1759
Yes, it was connected to one of his Energon Weapons, and they did confirm that it's part of the set.

c8JKtwF.png

c8JKt1wF.png

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
This new line is tearing us apart!

Re: Legacy Arcee:

View attachment 1764

The fandom always tends to have various points of views, its because we all love Transformers yet are views differ, some people like regluar retail figures, some rather have MP figures, this confict just shows how pasionate fans are about the brand!

I'm kind of wondering what Laser Prime transformation is like, the legs are easy to tell that they carried over from the Siege mold thou retooled for this figure, I just kind of wonder if OP head does what the old G2 mold head does, store in his chest, thou I guess we'll have to wait until someone gets their hands on him and reviews him

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I brought it up in the other thread, but...I wonder how the delay is going to effect the line?

Hasbro's been doing yearly lines starting in the post-Christmas reset, where as Legacy looks like it won't be on shelves until next JULY. I wonder if it is simply a matter of covering their butts with the dock holdups? Or maybe the line was delayed to allow the backlog in ports to work its way through retail? Regardless, I wonder if the line will run just the typical 12 months or if Hasbro will push them back to 18?

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen
still hoping beyond hope that scourge will get redone as devcon for this line. may as well give up though :(

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Wonder if there’s any significance to how the autobots have disk-shaped weapons. Probably nothing since bulkhead doesnt appear to have one and Skids’ is less circular

Demovere Xeno

HALLELUJAH
Citizen
...Huh, Legacy Optimus is using the Earthrise legs again. The superfluous Siege trailer hitch is even still there, too, despite them redesigning the front of his shins!

Can't say I'm into that Dragstrip - and seeing as he doesn't appear to have a CW-style joint, it doesn't give me much hope that the rumored Commander Motormaster will still be compatible with the CW limb-bots. :(

I'm continuing to hope that most of these guys get interesting redecos/retools in Selects... which kind of frustrates me, since that 'line' continues to have its price jacked up around here by regular retail. :mad:

Xellos

Citizen
But on the other hand, it does not have to make the sacrifices that were needed for the connectors in CW or G1, so they can make the figure as normal as possible.

I mean, I did like the CW figures, and liked how they could be switched around easily, but they definitely became very same-y when it came to transformations of the limb figures.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
...Huh, Legacy Optimus is using the Earthrise legs again. The superfluous Siege trailer hitch is even still there, too, despite them redesigning the front of his shins!

I was annoyed by that for about a minute. But I've talked myself into liking the vestigial details as a visual reminder that all the Optimus Primes in the WFC-Legacy are the same guy getting upgraded over and over.

I'm coping. But it works for me.

MrBlud

Citizen
My fear: He doesn't. you just plug him ontop of Menasor's arm and call it a day.

Given Menasor’s appearance in the cartoon and Motormaster’s whole ass trailer; he is uniquely able to pull something like that off.

You can’t get away with that with the others though.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
The Stunticons may be the least interesting of the combiner teams to me.

The Combaticons might be a bit over-done but they've got great variety and personalities. The Aerialbots have always been my favorite since I was a kid and because I love the individual characters and the cool jets. Protectobots also have a good mix of vehicles and some decent personality. Technobots and Terrorcons have great original designs. Constructions are the first. Predacons the biggest. Seacons and Monster Pretenders have that late G1 aesthetic and Raiden the japanese exclusive diaclone mystique.

The Stunticons... they've got that one cool bit in their first cartoon appearance where they have vehicle mode forcefields that let them do weird stunts-demolition derby tricks, which is never seen again... and they've got Motormaster... Dead End is fun...

And for some reason that's just not quite enough to excite me.

-ZacWilliam, wish Drag Strip here had been a girl like in Animated. He looks good, mind, but just to shake things up and make me more interested.

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
Given Menasor’s appearance in the cartoon and Motormaster’s whole ass trailer; he is uniquely able to pull something like that off.

You can’t get away with that with the others though.

Menasor has two designs in G1:

This one, where Dead End and Wildrider are actually the arms:
KtVS2_Introducing_Menasor.jpg

And this one, where they just sit in vehicle mode on top of completely generic arms:

Masquerade_Menasors.JPG

So we have a 50/50 shot of which "cartoon accurate" look they go for, but I'd much prefer the top one where they actually combine, versus the bottom one where it looks like Menasor is just a super robot that attached cars tom him with duct tape.

Top Bottom