Transformers Legacy toyline

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Me too!

I only ordered 1 set, but I fully expect that if I run into them "in the wild," I'll probably cave and splurge on a second so that I can display each head option.
I'm planning on using my Decesous drones for the extra heads that come with the AutoTrooper to have like 2 different styles of troopers.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
This is a Transformers board; we talk non-stop, all day every day, about stuff we don't HAVE to buy. It's the entire point of this place. Not a single person here NEEDS to buy a Transformer. Yet nobody is suggesting we curtail complaints about Transformers based on that fact, so I'm genuinely not sure why you think it's a valid argument against people who aren't fans of how Toyhax chooses to bundle their offerings.
THANK YOU!

Seriously, the reason I (speaking only for myself) complain about them is because I DO want to buy the sets, but these days, they add so much to what's really necessary that it puts me off, and then ToyHax doesn't get a sale at all (at least, not from me).

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, I do wish that they offered "small" sets as an option. I'd be willing to pay $5-10 for a small set of "essential" stickers a lot of times (or a bit more for larger figures) but once the price of stickers approaches around 1/2 the cost of the base figure, that's too rich for my blood. I'm not mad about it or anything, and it could very well be that small sets at low prices just aren't economically viable for them so I do understand.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
As far as Toyhax goes, i absolutely adore them. I'm just dissapointed they don't sell actual repros for original Laser Prime, but instead offer this weird replacement that doesn't say OPTIMUS PRIME across his chest. That's like one of his best features, what gives guys?
YEARS ago (when they were Reprolabels) I asked for that very set.

Their response: "It's not practical."

But everything now? toy-mummification. toon-windows. guaddy, unnecessary details. stickers for every detail on a mold. priced at half-to-full price of the figure it's for. ALL TOTALLY PRACTICAL APPARENTLY.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I picked up the Trypticon set from them and haven't even used any of it yet. That is probably the last full set I get from them. As others have pointed out, the sets are expensive with a majority of the stickers unnecessary.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
YEARS ago (when they were Reprolabels) I asked for that very set.

Their response: "It's not practical."

But everything now? toy-mummification. toon-windows. guaddy, unnecessary details. stickers for every detail on a mold. priced at half-to-full price of the figure it's for. ALL TOTALLY PRACTICAL APPARENTLY.
Yeah, I was much more into them when they were all about replacement label sets. I understand that they eventually HAD to move into other stuff (the number of sets for which reproductions could be made being finite), but I do wish they'd actually tackled all of those gaps first.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
The last toy-specific set I got from them was Studio Series Jazz, and I had what felt like enough leftovers to fully mummify a second Jazz.

As long as we're talking Toyhax quirks, what really confuses me (it's not a problem since they're sets all to themselves, but it's weird) is some of the very specific faction symbol variations. I can picture the guy who would want cartoon-style Decepticon symbols with the extra little peak, but I can't picture the guy who also wants them to be intentionally poorly drawn.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
As long as we're talking Toyhax quirks, what really confuses me (it's not a problem since they're sets all to themselves, but it's weird) is some of the very specific faction symbol variations. I can picture the guy who would want cartoon-style Decepticon symbols with the extra little peak, but I can't picture the guy who also wants them to be intentionally poorly drawn.
There was a TF fan forum I was on back when Animated was on, and there was a very vocal crowd there that loved the toys but wanted "cartoon accurate" faction symbols. Which usually meant squished and poorly drawn.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
There was a TF fan forum I was on back when Animated was on, and there was a very vocal crowd there that loved the toys but wanted "cartoon accurate" faction symbols. Which usually meant squished and poorly drawn.
I myself just wanted them to be red and purple, not gray, beige, brown, silver, black, white, yellow, orange, tan, or any other dull-tinted color that all of them were.

Last edited:

Echowarrior

Citizen
I just received notification that my Troop Builder sets have shipped from Target!!! I'm so excited.

Me too!

I only ordered 1 set, but I fully expect that if I run into them "in the wild," I'll probably cave and splurge on a second so that I can display each head option.

I've also been notified about the two kits I purchased, though the charges haven't shown up yet on my bank statement.

Also, is it wrong that I want to get a third one if I find one in the wild?

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
Yeah, I was much more into them when they were all about replacement label sets. I understand that they eventually HAD to move into other stuff (the number of sets for which reproductions could be made being finite), but I do wish they'd actually tackled all of those gaps first.
The Skyscorchers I got second hand need labels. The previous (who I also got Laser Prime from) never put on the included labels (same with Prime). Then there was my original G2 jazz, which I had to buy a junker with good labels and swap out the parts. It's a good thing my G2 Sideswipe's label are still intact.

And can we talk about toyHax's 'G2' set for SS86 Jazz? The one that adds additional 'artistic flare' to the design, to which a sticker is put on an area that will cause it to get damaged. Which wouldn't be an issue if they just stuck with the original design.

I picked up an additional SS86 Jazz in anticipation of that set, KNOWING about all the extra tat they include. I wasn't prepared for the designer's creative process. Actually, I should've been prepared after what they did with their Laser Prime (mU$t Mak3 M0Ar Ge3-WUN!) set.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
I myself just wanted them to be red and purple, not gray, beige, brown, silver, black, white, yellow, orange, tan, or any other dull-tinted color that all of them were.
For as good as Animated was about screen accuracy their decision to render the faction symbols in muted colours was very, very odd.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
For as good as Animated was about screen accuracy their decision to render the faction symbols in muted colours was very, very odd.
Yet another one of the unnecessary influences the first live-action movie toyline had on the Animated toyline.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
Yet another one of the unnecessary influences the first live-action movie toyline had on the Animated toyline.
Was that the reason? That's incredibly dumb. I get the subdued faction symbols for the movie stuff, but no one was looking at Animated's figures and going "oh yeah that's a realistic vehicle."

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
Was that the reason? That's incredibly dumb. I get the subdued faction symbols for the movie stuff, but no one was looking at Animated's figures and going "oh yeah that's a realistic vehicle."

Fanzone's car.PNG

Yeah, but minus the light on the roof - haven't we all had a car like this at some point?

Blot

Citizen
I believe the official reason Hasbro gave in a Q&A once was because the car modes didn't have faction symbols while the robot modes did, so the gold/silver split the difference.

Top Bottom