Transformers Legacy toyline

Shadewing

Citizen
Then the council would be disbanded because the other members are either dead or in jail, after movie Prime has finished with them

NO no, not Movie Prime. I'm saying SG Prime would have the same level of brutality towards his enemies and there is no way he'd share power with anyone.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Remember when people were worried about Legacy?
I think the worry stemmed more from how is Animated/Prime/whatever else gonna be done in this modern G1 style. This design team is doing a fantastic job though of being faithful to the respective lines. Hope they can keep this up for a few more years. So many more figures we would all love to see redone.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
NO no, not Movie Prime. I'm saying SG Prime would have the same level of brutality towards his enemies and there is no way he'd share power with anyone.

I expect he would just use the Megatrons as his pawns and when the time is right, he excutes order 66 on them! 😁

I think the worry stemmed more from how is Animated/Prime/whatever else gonna be done in this modern G1 style. This design team is doing a fantastic job though of being faithful to the respective lines. Hope they can keep this up for a few more years. So many more figures we would all love to see redone.

A lot of the worry with Legacy came from the fact Acree, Bulkhead & Knockout barely looked like how they did in TF Prime, Acree clearly was not done that well, while Bulkhead, I think it boils down to the name they used and the fact he doesn't even look like TF Prime Bulkhead in any shape or manner outside of his headscuplt, if they called him movie Hound, I think the figure would of been recived better, but Hasbro did learn lessons from that, so the balanced the animated style ones a bit more, thou I doult we'll see a TFA OP in legacy for some time to come as we got at least three mainline OP figures come out this year:
RIse of the Beasts OP
Studio series Gamer OP War for Cybertron verison
Legacy Armada OP

I expect Hasbro to cool it with OP for a little while and focus on other characters as Legacy is pretty much a celeberation of TF history, thou I expect when they return to OP again, they'll likely focus on other popluar verisons such as animated, at least in legacy, while I bet Studio series gamer will likely do FOC, and maybe in due course, we'll see modern updates of Energon & RID 2001 OPs, we haven't had a serious firetruck OP since animated was on the air, thou its hard to say if that truly was a fire truck at times, thou its not offen that OP steps out of being a truck, at least a normal truck, RID was the first time OP was a truck, yet not a normal every day truck, he was a proper fire truck, well large city one!

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Dang, I knew hoping that the Nemesis would have little bits to form exterior towers and stuff to resemble the sunken Victory as an equivalent to the Ark's Teletraan-1 was a leap.

Guess that leaves an opening for third party upgrade kits to do something, though.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Thinking about Armada Megatron, gonna wait for final colors on Nemesis before deciding. None of the rest really grab me.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Armada Megatron's differences seem to be more than knees. Aside form the lack of the minicon gimmick, his proportions have been changed. And I think that these changes are for the best.

He has shorter shins (with tilting ankles) and longer quads that connect to a more stout/squat abs and chest. His horns are 2.2 times longer than his head as opposed to the original 3.2 times length. Corresponding to the horns his shoulder tank treads are also shorter.

I must admit though, I wish that they could have given him the little black knife.

1680702864638.png

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Yeah we got it covered yesterday!

Shadewing

Citizen
The change in proportions is probably them trying to match how he looked in the cartoon.

I wonder if he's gonna bascially have Legacy prime's shoulders, seeing as how the fronts are on hinges.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Dang, I knew hoping that the Nemesis would have little bits to form exterior towers and stuff to resemble the sunken Victory as an equivalent to the Ark's Teletraan-1 was a leap.

Guess that leaves an opening for third party upgrade kits to do something, though.

3p will most assuredly do kits for her. There will be the usual gap fillers and such, with some extra rotating turrets thrown in for good measure. There will definitely be unnecessary parts that justify the cost of admission. Without a doubt, Reprolabels will create stickers for every panel, fold and screw hole. And it will cost half the price of the figure itself ;)

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Pretty much all of yesterday's reveals didn't do a whole lot for me. But...I'm actually kinda ok with that at this stage of my collecting.

• I love seeing how excited folks are for Armada Megs and Prime. It makes me happy that fans of other eras are finally getting the love that a G1 guy like me has got/is getting.
  • Beachcomber seems very underwhelming, bird or no bird. Will need to see comparisons to TR over the coming months
  • Dirge I'll pickup since I missed out on all the Coneheads
  • Devcon sure is a...thing.
  • Nemesis Leo Prime does look better than the original. Also glad folks seem happy about him.
  • Titan Nemesis seems much more appealing than the Ark ever was, but the class is just too big for me in general
  • Axelgrease I was initially disappointed in since she isn't colour matched to the other two, but if Hasbro comes up with another Decepticon retool in similar colours, I would find both pretty compelling!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My problem with the Nemesis is that her most famous alt mode will be how I would want to display her, but it really doesn't have the interactive/playset alt mode like the City bots or Omega Supreme have. I don't really care for the bot mode, so just like the ark, the alt mode looks neat, but I will pass on it.

Top Bottom