Transformers Legacy toyline

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Scraphook
videotogif_2023.01.03_16.26.01.gif

Glitch

Citizen
Last year it was Wreckers, this year should be Mayhem.
Bludgeon - retool of Tarn
Stranglehold - retool of Rhinox
Needlenose and Metrotank
Spinister and Metroshot
Knockout with Tarantulas buzzsaw and tools.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I think we could get a Thunderwing from Jhiaxus mold, a new head, removal of the thing on his shoulder and of course a different paint job, bam, Thunderwing, the character is overdue for a new figure

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Back then he should have been a retool of Sky Shadow and failing that, a leader class in Power of the Primes which had a pretender theme with it's 'evolution' concept (minus any actual pretender characters).
Well, he was a candidate on the fan poll that Optimus Primal won instead.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Very few people remember that the underwater base wasn't the Decepticons original ship anyway
I suspect that this confusion wasn't helped by the fact of the Marvel Comics, which featured a different Decepticon underwater base that did turn out to be a spaceship (though still not the one used to arrive from Cybertron in the first place).

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
True confessions but all this time I thought the underwater base was their ship...

It is their ship, just not the Nemesis. Basically, it goes:

In the pilot miniseries, the Decepticons use the Nemesis to chase down the Ark.
They leave the Nemesis and board the Ark.
The Ark crashes into the volcano which erupts 4 million years later waking them up.
The Decepticons then use Earth energy and materials to build the Victory to take them back to Cybertron.
The Victory crashes into the ocean.
They rebuild the wreckage of the Victory into their underwater base.

Glitch

Citizen
Since the Ark came with Mainframe, we could infer the Nemesis will also have a figure, it could be a former Action Master and if so, I figure it will be Gutcruncher, he has a high rank, his motto is "conquest of the Autobots begins with control of the sky!", his bio references him making a contract with Megatron for Autobot parts to sell to Junkions, he's a pilot and schemer.

Dake

Citizen
It is their ship, just not the Nemesis. Basically, it goes:

In the pilot miniseries, the Decepticons use the Nemesis to chase down the Ark.
They leave the Nemesis and board the Ark.
The Ark crashes into the volcano which erupts 4 million years later waking them up.
The Decepticons then use Earth energy and materials to build the Victory to take them back to Cybertron.
The Victory crashes into the ocean.
They rebuild the wreckage of the Victory into their underwater base.

Nice! Thank you for the concise timeline. I guess I forgot about them building the whole new ship which then crashed. That and I probably confused it with the Beast Wars's version of events.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Given they couldn't even fit a minicon into Metroplex's larger budget, I have my doubts we'll see a companion figure with the titans in the future. Especially if, like the Nemesis, they could technically get away with not including one because the Nemesis doesn't really have an obvious character to associate with it.

Glitch

Citizen
There was a discussion at TFW2005 about the Decepticon ships and it's pointed out the animation model for the Victory (undersea base) was different to the one flying at the end of the pilot and a lot like the Nemesis.
That said though, it's quite remarkable the Decepticons built a ship from the ground up without the Constructicons and yet later came up with a plot to turn the Autobots evil to distract from them stealing aboard a primitive rocket ship.

Top Bottom