Transformers Legacy toyline

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Yeah, I'm not sure that holds water. It wouldn't even be the first time that an exclusive was branded specifically to the store that's selling it:

HA_Leadfoot.jpg
This toy was from 11 years ago.

You really don't think retailers might change their minds about this kind of stuff over the course of a decade?

(Really I think the answer is probably Hasbro decided that it'd be better to have Optimus Prime be deco'd in Santa-stylings rather than promoting a massive retailer - be better for the kids and parents)

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This toy was from 11 years ago.

You really don't think retailers might change their minds about this kind of stuff over the course of a decade?

(Really I think the answer is probably Hasbro decided that it'd be better to have Optimus Prime be deco'd in Santa-stylings rather than promoting a massive retailer - be better for the kids and parents)

Oh, it's definitely possible for them to change their opinions over time, sure.

I just don't see, say, Walmart objecting to an Amazon branded toy that will be sold exclusively by Amazon. I could understand Walmart not wanting to carry it on THEIR shelves (physical or otherwise), but if it's going to be an Amazon Prime exclusive anyway, I don't see them trying to pressure Hasbro into not letting it happen.

I'm not saying that it definitely DIDN'T happen, it just seems significantly less likely to me than the idea that it was dropped for other reasons such as an anticipated low demand or supply chain issues delaying it enough that the project got scrapped.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Suddenly I like the idea of the Amazon Prime mold released universally at all stores with their own branding. Best Buy, Target, Meijer, Walmart, even Amazon. Make it the next Seeker mold. Home Depot, Lowes, Menards could even get in on the action. A fleet of Primes, each with its own branding.

Maybe even TRU could have a version, since the brand is trying to reestablish themselves via Macys.
That would be fun. I'd probably go with Amazon Prime just for the name but I'd love to see what they all look like.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Suddenly I like the idea of the Amazon Prime mold released universally at all stores with their own branding. Best Buy, Target, Meijer, Walmart, even Amazon. Make it the next Seeker mold. Home Depot, Lowes, Menards could even get in on the action. A fleet of Primes, each with its own branding.

Maybe even TRU could have a version, since the brand is trying to reestablish themselves via Macys.
53c094b1720520f4dba1ad32f3370789.jpg

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen

When TRU went out of business in 2018, I made it a point to get this Japanese toy (the image is from the TFWiki, not of mine):
1670631984218.png

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Make them each their own characters, too.

Amazon Prime, Wal Prime, Primeijer, Prime Target, Best Prime...

Sort of like the Convoys from Japanese G1.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Legacy Leader Skyquake. Looks nice. I’ve got either him or his brother still from Prime. Should have kept both.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I don't care much about Prime Skyquake or really the UK G1 version, though it's neat it seems to thread the needle a bit.

I probably wouldn't look to get this version. But give me Machine Wars Starscream or King Atlas and I'd be on board.

-ZacWilliam, just don't do a 2-pack of them because ouch Price.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Image of Transformers Legacy Prime Universe Skyquake (32)__scaled_600.jpg
Skyquake - Jet Mode.gif
Image of Transformers Legacy Prime Universe Skyquake (14)__scaled_600.jpg

Skyquake - Bot Mode.gif

Leader class Skyquake is really cool. I will say, though, that I may have mistransformed or missed some things here. It is clearly pre-tooled for an eventual G1/2 Skyquake and possibly even some other figures. I ran into several odd features, like the tabs on the top-rear of the alt-mode, which seem to have no real function on this figure. The jet cockpit is also able to rotate 180°, seemingly for no purpose, as it does not appear to actually contribute to the conversion. I am very interested to see the future uses of this mold, and feel like it is a great CHUG version of the original Prime character.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I feel like he’s close enough you don’t even need to change anything for a G1/2 version.

Just slap those colors on there. King Atlas first.
Just from what I can discern…the shoulders are actually part of the front part of the jet’s contours. So if they had alternate tooling for the shoulders, you could shorten the pauldrons and give the jet mode that elongated “Blackbird” look. Depending on how froggy Hasbro was feeling when designing this…I could also see an alternate headsculpt to better evoke Dai Atlas. Especially since the only way he’s apt to get made, accurately, would be a HasLab, IMO.
And by mixing those elements with what we see on Legacy Skyquake, I think Hasbro could get some decent mileage out of this tooling set.
And all that’s on top of what appears to be a really solid looking toy in general!

Given Mark Maher’s professed love for G2 and Machine Wars, I figure Starscream is a safe bet. In all reality, I think Hasbro has enough “working slots” between the mass retail line, Buzzworthy, the Walmart AND Amazon “micro lines”, and Generations Selects that we should be able to get MW Starscream and King Atlas (retooled or not) over the next 12-18 months.
And, hell, I’d even be game for a Prime Dreadwing with that pretty dark blue and yellow deco!

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I like the look of the mold, definitely, but I'll probably skip this first go-round and wait for the repaints. It looks good in these colors, but I have no attachment to Prime and a leader class is too expensive a mold to purchase TOO many times, and the inevitable G1 Skyquake and Machine Wars Starscream would both be must-buys.

Top Bottom