Transformers Legacy toyline

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
So you're saying that regular robot Minerva WASN'T a Victory character?

No, they are saying that Minerva making it to mainline release is a victory as a lot of the Japan only characters aren't getting toys that offen, or when they do, they are either apart of a boxset or pretty much getting not getting anything example Beast Wars 2 & Neo, Lio Convoy has been mainly repaints of other figures and the upcoming Legacy Evolution figure is his first major figure since the Robot Masters line and that was a Japan only line of figures

The Phazer

Citizen
Having a headmaster would have been nice, but honestly if there was budget available I'd rather it have been spent on making the alt mode less risible.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Making her a headmaster would probably mean they'd reuse the TR style headmaster, which would make her somewhat bobbleheaded given the smaller size and slimmer build.

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
I'm honestly not knowing WHERE to put Minerva....my Masterforce shelf or the new Victory shelf.

The lack of a Headmaster says I put her in the Victory shelf, but then my Masterforce shelf will be Minerva-less....

Decisions decisions.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Put her on the Masterforce shelf until they make a verison with a head that converts, her role in Victory was extremely minor, just like Wheeljack's role (how he came back to life, I do not know)

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Wheeljack you THOUGHT you knew was secretly Wheeljack's evil twin brother. The REAL Wheeljack had amnesia after hitting his head while fainting after finding out that he was accidentally switched-at-birth due to the nurse's split personality disorder and was actually the heir to the Cybertronian General Products Corporation fortune.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Right now I have shelves for my G1 bots and Cons (Really pre-Beast Wars, so EuroG1, JapanG1 and G2 go here as well) and then a shelf for Neo-G1 characters as well as characters that originate from other continuities.

Minerva is going squarely on the G1 shelf.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
All kidding aside, the Wheeljack who appeared in Victory was later revealed to be the Wheeljack from the alternate timeline of Binaltech. He, along with Binaltech Prowl, had traveled to the main Japanese G1 timeline when contact between the two branching timelines had been established around 2010. However, due to certain actions by the Quintessons back in the BT World, Wheeljack and Prowl found themselves trapped in the main G1 World in early 2011, unable to return to their own timeline. Thus, the two were left with little choice but to stay in the main G1 World and take the places of this world's Wheeljack and Prowl who had previously perished back in 2005.

All from the story titled "Controverse".

And as for why Minerva's new toy isn't a Headmaster, Mark Maher explained that he really wanted to make a proper toy of her, but that making an Elita-1 who could also be pretooled as Minerva was the only way to get her made at all, even if that meant her losing her Headmaster gimmick:

Its Friday!! Time to play with some toys!! Legacy Deluxe Minerva just jumped through a portal from the Super God Masterforce universe! She’s here to help the Wreckers in there conquest to stop an evil foe! She unfortunately lost her headmaster abilities as she came through the portal, but she does come fully equipped with 2 energon infused rifles and a sweet lightbar for her alt ambulance turbo mode!

Another character that was definitely on my to-do list for a while now, I’m pretty hyped how she turned out. It was a design challenge to make an Elita One that would eventually be redeco’d as a Minerva. But, if that was the only way I was getting this figure, welp, challenge accepted! She was a perfect fit for a exclusive (I think Walgreens but gotta talk to @bmacatron84 , we’ve tried to keep the theming to medics(scientists) started with Titans Return Brainstorm I believe)

This has been the first time I purposely left a blaster in clear with no tint color. Since the ambulance needed the blue windshield and the lightbar needed the red tint, I thought, 🤔, why can’t energon be translucent clear, perhaps an energon we’ve never encountered before. I made sure her other rifle blaster resembled its original look and was painted a nice glossy black.

Make sure you get your hands on the medic repair welder that was released with our Target exclusive Red Cog. It will really do wonders for playing out battlescenes where Minerva and Ratchet can help some autobots repair some damaged transistors on the battlefield.

Who will the crazy inter dimensional spacebridge portal spit out next!?!? Isnt this fun!!! What sort of Evolution will happen to our heroes next! Will the energon infused weapons be combined and utilized to vaporize cybertron? Will an evil mastermind use a mega energon infused device to mind control an army to reign supreme!?!?

Stay tuned in…same bot time…same bot channel

Last edited:

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I honestly don't care if Minerva is a Headmaster or not, I've been clamoring for a new toy of her for years so I'm getting her regardless.

She's going on my Masterforce display too (read: literally just the Legends God Ginrai gift set because I can't fit BlackZarak there lmao).

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Also, how is this Minerva toy any different from this Goshooter toy?

Generationstoy-Goshooter.jpg

Dake

Citizen
For those wanting the Headmasters Minerva, I still think the Toyhax conversion set is pretty good. I mean - it's obviously far bulkier, but it's an option anyway.

labels-for-tr-minerva.jpg

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Also, how is this Minerva toy any different from this Goshooter toy?

Generationstoy-Goshooter.jpg

I'd buy them both, if I had the chance.

If your attachment is to Minerva and Shuta Go, the human characters from the Masterforce fiction, I can understand why a non-headmaster version would be off-putting. Me, I'm much more into the transtectors' designs, so both figures would be acceptable to me. (Insert obligatory "I'd be fine with non-headmaster Core class offerings, too" statement here)

If you really want to maintain the human element, you could always say these are from an alternate Gobot universe that has a Masterforce analog, and the process there was...not as reversable...

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Honestly, if Minerva was either a Headmaster, or a Porsche, I probably would have bitten, but having it be neither just kinda put me off. I'm still planning on getting the Elita One version, though.

Top Bottom