Transformers Legacy toyline

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Those were also the days when we were happy to just get colors and a headswap as a homage to a character, compared to *gestures to Earthrise*

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Not sure my 2 cents is worth anything yet, since we havent even seen the Core class, but these first reveals have me more excited for potential redecos than for the initial releases. Bulkhead and Arcee are solid maybes, but the rest are not really exciting me.

RCX

Citizen
Yeah, I'm not too keen on having G1-ified versions of other-universe bots. I've got the originals.
I like the story crossover aspect of it, but I suppose if they end up appearing in whatever tie-in cartoon is produced, that's the only thing that would get me to buy them.

But my first thought upon seeing Bulkhead? "How basic."
WFC Inferno and Grapple were nice and had some interesting bits about them, but there sure is no toyetic-puzzle-mystery about Bulkhead.
Plus, the aforementioned cartoon probably won't do the character the justice he deserves, if the previous NETFLIX series is any indication.
Bulkhead was nuanced nicely in both ANIMATED and PRIME, with him being a farmboy-secret-genius and a painter underneath the outward wrecking-bot.
Maybe this new version toy will be an unintended window into what his new media adaptation will be: basic bruiser from another universe.

I wish expecting decent characterization from our new cartoons wasn't so futile.

NovaSaber

Citizen
And I agree that the BWX leaders (which people also rightfully criticized) are a completely parallel situation to these...complete with the fact that only one of them was good even from a "translation into a different aesthetic" viewpoint.

Octavius Prime

UT Enthusiast
Citizen
I think they're referring to the 10th Anniversary deluxe Primal and Megs that were also released in Cybertron as Jungle Planet versions of Cybertron Optimus and Megs.
Also what I assumed.

Additionally, I wanted MORE Cybertron-style BWX toys at the time, especially Waspinator. They could have benefited from better cyber-key inclusion, but I really like BWX deluxe Primal and Megatron.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I loved Megatron. Primal was eh. Too much engineering went to the surfboard which wasn't very good and the actual figure kinda got floppy really fast because of all the ball joints.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
If Legacy Selects is going to continue with Earthrise redecos, maybe we will see Blue Bluestreak soon?

More topical, Cybertron T-Rex Megatron is still my default BW Megatron, color discrepancy or not. Might get replaced with a reissue Megatron if those go on clearance, but Im pretty satisfied with the Cyb version.

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
Yeah, definitely. Hope it's not actually real. Was hoping for a more accurate Motormaster this time around.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It sounds pretty much like what I was expecting based on a Commander Class Motormaster and our look at Dragstrip (who didn't have any obvious concessions for becoming a limb like the old CW cars).

While I wouldn't want that style of combination for any other gestalt, I think it works for Menasor as he was traditionally depicted, and it was the only classic combiner I never bought from CW, so I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I currently have Dragstrip on preorder but I really need to see more if I'm going to keep it or not. I like the CW Menasor enough to be my Menasor if need be.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I'm picking up Dragstrip and Dead End, maybe breakdown regardless. If they do the toy-styled noggin for Menasor, I might be convinced to pick it up regardless of my dislike of the cartoon's combination method

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
If we go by the leaked info, I would say its likely this is a bit of a stylised Mensor, but hopefully it will at least look good, we all know the CW Mensor was easily the weakest of the combiner torsos we had during that trilogy leaving a lot to be desired and third party upgrades didn't do a whole lot for it, I do recall seeing images of a third party figure that would of made use of the CW limbs but from what I am aware of, nothing became of it!

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen
if im understanding it right, its also similar to what some 3p companies have done to make their stunticons

Top Bottom