Transformers Legacy toyline

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Wonder if there’s any significance to how the autobots have disk-shaped weapons. Probably nothing since bulkhead doesnt appear to have one and Skids’ is less circular

I think the transclear weapons are the line gimmick outside of the OR code thing they got going on

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
The QR Code bios are the Packaging Gimmick, like the black-light codes, the puzzle map, and the peel cards in WFC.

The mix-and-match combinable Energon Weapons are the unifying Toyline Gimmick.

And The Multiversal Portal(s?) is what is passing for the Toyline Concept.

-ZacWilliam, they're a bit scattered conceptually, but if we ever get a stronger statement of the last one it could unify them all.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The Stunticons... they've got that one cool bit in their first cartoon appearance where they have vehicle mode forcefields that let them do weird stunts-demolition derby tricks, which is never seen again... and they've got Motormaster... Dead End is fun...

And for some reason that's just not quite enough to excite me.

-ZacWilliam, wish Drag Strip here had been a girl like in Animated. He looks good, mind, but just to shake things up and make me more interested.
I am forever grateful that RID 2015 did some pretty fun things to shake up the Stunticons' personalities, with Honeymooners Dragstrip and Wildbreak, snooty upper class Slashmark, and scary mob boss Motormaster.

Heetseeker, sadly, was less interesting. Seen one weapon-obsessed boisterous brute, seen them all.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I had been operating under the assumption that the "Iguanus" listing was definitely going to be Beast Wars Iguanus for a whole variety of reasons. The original Pretender Iguanus was one of my go-to toys as a kid, so I was totally down for a new version of him, it just didn't seem likely.

Damned if that isn't Pretender Iguanus on the poster, though.

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen
-ZacWilliam, wish Drag Strip here had been a girl like in Animated. He looks good, mind, but just to shake things up and make me more interested.

once you buy the toy, you can do with it what you want. want dragstrip to be female? make it female and name her fluffy mcsexy or something! your toy, your world, your rules!

SoS

I don't want to go...
Citizen
My quick thoughts on these reveals:
  • Laser Optimus Prime looks cool, but I'm more looking forward to the potential repaints/reuses of RID Scourge/Black Convoy, Laser Magnus, and Toxitron!
  • Dragstrip looks absolutely fantastic! Can't wait to see the rest of the team. I really hope we get more combiners later down the line, but I want them to make other combiners like Rail Racer, a proper Liokaiser, Magnaboss, Landfill, Road Caesar, Dinoking and Monstructor to name a few, before they dive back into remaking the teams that we already got in Combiner Wars or Power of the Primes.
  • Arcee looks okay. Like Laser Optimus, I'm more excited for a potential Flamewar redeco or hell an Energon Arcee repaint!
  • Kickback looks nice. I'll happily add him to my existing Insecticon hive/horde. I'm really hoping Hasbro finally gives us some proper updates to the Deluxe Insecticons this time around.
  • Bulkhead is a nice looking toy, not perfect, but I'll take it. Wish he were a bit stockier/shorter. Other than that, he's pretty much Bulkhead and Movie Hound as seen through the lens of G1.
  • Skids is not that great, but will probably be way more fun than the old Generations toy. That toy is a PITA and I'll be more than happy to "replace" him with this version for now.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
And here we have it, the heart of the matter straight from Mark Maher himself:

"I mean, Transformers, we have such rich history. It's like forty years of just characters from all different, like, universes. I mean, the style and design aesthetics of each universe has its own feel and look. So, you know, early on, John Warden put the seeds in the ground for this and, uh, our design director, Michelino, actually really took the team together and was was like, 'We need something fresh and new for Generations.' So we're taking all of these characters from all of these different continuities, and we're trying to, like, almost like, place them into a universe of their own, which is basically Legacy. And, of course having, like, a heavy G1 influence because, you know, I love G1, so."

MrBlud

Citizen
It’s bullshit that (for example) G1 Shockwave gets to be noseless and grandfathered into the G1 aesthetic because “that’s how he looked before!” but the same courtesy is not extended to the Prime characters.

The body construction is definitely enough. No nose isn’t suddenly going to make them too jarring to fit in. Just like adding a nose to the old Prime molds wouldn’t make them Generations style either.

These are robots so a little bit of style differential is ok.

NovaSaber

Citizen
"place them into a universe of their own"
"multiversal war" and the figure being literally named "Prime Universe Bulkhead"

Why aren't the design direction and the story direction consistent with each other?

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm terribly disappointed those and Blaster weren't shown. It's like, DUDE, they are ALL on the big promo pic!

Wait, what pic?

No interest in Laser Prime, he is just ultimately the original but worse.

I keep seeing this sentiment, but I never had the original mold. What makes this worse?

Either way, the head will be the dumb old -timey TV antennae head instead of the 100% superior toy head

When, oh when will Transformers start including swappable heads like other toys?

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Wait, what pic?
This “poster image” that will adorn the opposite side of the packaging.
TFW used it as their main image.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So I have Dragstrip, G2 Optimus, and Skids on Pre-order from Pulse. I have Kickback on Pre-order from BBTS as he was sold out on Pulse way too quickly.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
The only one I Pre-Ordered was Kickback. Because as an army builder he might be hard to get. Otherwise wave 1 of a new line tend to be super easy to get for a long time and none of them are guys that are gonna break my heart to miss.

-ZacWilliam, I have good toys of Skids and Drag Strip even if i'm interested in these.

Top Bottom