Transformers: EarthSpark

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
Honestly we need a decent Hashtag figure and not just the finger puppet....and I still haven't seen Nightshade.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Definitely want Warrior or Deluxe versions of Hashtag and Arcee. The finger puppets are cute, but do not scratch that itch sufficiently. (Core versions of all the Terrans and Arcee, Elita-1 and Megatron would likely satisfy, though)

EDIT: Been meaning to ask, but I've only seen the first 10 episodes (thank goodness for the DVD release!), were the Decepticons not as nasty during the war in Earthspark, or does that get addressed later? I mean, I know GHOST has some sinister machinations going on, and that the Decepticons call him a traitor, but it seems like Megatron has a lot of autonomy, and seems accepted by the Autobots without any resentment for his past actions. I like this seemingly more hopeful vision of the Transformers, just curious if it addressed Megatron's actions as Decepticon leader during the war or not?

Last edited:

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Definitely want Warrior or Deluxe versions of Hashtag and Arcee. The finger puppets are cute, but do not scratch that itch sufficiently. (Core versions of all the Terrans and Arcee, Elita-1 and Megatron would likely satisfy, though)

EDIT: Been meaning to ask, but I've only seen the first 10 episodes (thank goodness for the DVD release!), were the Decepticons not as nasty during the war in Earthspark, or does that get addressed later? I mean, I know GHOST has some sinister machinations going on, and that the Decepticons call him a traitor, but it seems like Megatron has a lot of autonomy, and seems accepted by the Autobots without any resentment for his past actions. I like this seemingly more hopeful vision of the Transformers, just curious if it addressed Megatron's actions as Decepticon leader during the war or not?

I don't think they address any nasty stuff he did, just that he switched sides a crucial point, started protecting humans and essentially helped bring the war to the end.

Dvandom

Citizen
I get the feeling that one thing they kept from G1 was the tone of the conflict. Despite being part of an aeons-long war, neither the Autobots nor Decepticons were really that BAD. Sure, the Decepticons stole resources and did some conquest-style activities, but no atrocities. As a result, it was easier to extend amnesty to those who switched sides, and those who did not were simply imprisoned rather than chopped into pieces and used for scientific research.

That said, the GHOST badges do seem to be more than just metal plates, and Megatron's might have been equipped as the equivalent of an ankle bracelet monitor. Without going into second-half spoilers, there's gotta be a reason Bumblebee needed to not wear a GHOST badge in order to maintain his secrecy.

---Dave

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
That... actually makes sense. Can't have giant war machines running around with SOME level of oversight, even the "friendly" ones.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Megatron routinely put massive swaths of humans, if not the whole planet of Earth in jeopardy in the G1 cartoon. He'd have a murder sheet a mile long if it wasn't a children's cartoon.

Hell, Starscream intentionally tried blowing up the earth at one point.

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen

Without spoiling too much they do address Starscream's feelings about who Megatron was to him....and it is not good, though he is not a reliable source.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
If anyone lacking Paramount+ needs help in finding these episodes to watch, let me know and I can help you out.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Our Walmart just put out flip Changer Twitch. If she had a little more articulation, I'd probably pick her up. Really wish this line got support in the Core size class...
20230802_202038.jpg

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Here's a deleted scene from Episode 16 "Warzone", which was part of the second batch of Season 1 episodes that came out back in March:

Ravage is a girl!

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I know it's common to idealize things we didn't get but those are great little scenes just because it gets you girl-Ravage being hella-fun and Soundwave having an actual personality.

-ZacWilliam, there was definitely some of Megatron repeatedly recounting backstory that could have been trimmed for this.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It also explains the weirdness of Episode 8's ending where it looked like there were two Ravages (one who fled into the woods and one who inexplicably emerged from Soundwave's chest when he was inside his cell at GHOST headquarters), in that it confirms that Ravage is able to completely sneak in and out of Soundwave's cell and the base itself.

Last edited:

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I figured ravage just snuck back to soundwave when he was cuffed up against the trailer.

Top Bottom