Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Bad news: it's going to be a repeat. Trump will complain he's been gagged, despite this week basically being jury selection. He's going to have at least one press conference a day where he openly violates the requirements of the court, and will not be punished for it.

It's a criminal trial for a crime that someone has already been found guilty of and served time for! We know he's guilty, this is just going to be the act of writing down how badly biased the system is.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
To be fair to the judges: they have. To be fair to fairness: the punishments for violating the gag orders to date have not worked at all, to the point where it looks like the courts didn't do anything.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
He's been given a couple of financial sanctions. But since he can just grift off his cult or steal it from the RNC, he doesn't really care.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
And the size of those sanctions (to my knowledge.) haven't topped 10K, so designed to punish a poor person. Strictly by the book, to the credit of the courts (if only to run off the perception of a bias against.), but it also highlights how the rules are stacked and in favour of whom.

The media is culpable too: they never really brought it up.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Or if you're pretending to be rich and people inexplicably continue to accept your IOUs despite knowing damn well you won't honor them.

I swear, the man has actual supernatural protection from consequences. Doesn't matter how much everyone involved hates him and how much they privately wish they could hurt him; as soon as they're in a position to make the choice to do so, they don't. The man could walk into a room with all of us in it, punch someone in the face, and all we would do is scold and threaten him until he's safely out of the building and then later wonder why none of us thought to hit back.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
Really? Because other sources are saying they're doing great:

1713204386121.jpeg

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
As much as I'd prefer to see him locked up and dealing with actual consequences, at this point, I'll settle for a pine box. Anything to not have to see, hear, or think about him ever again.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
Will he get to insist on a gold coffin or will he have to settle for the standard-issue presidential kind?

Top Bottom