Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Anonymous X

Citizen
Honestly… Voting in the States this year feels like it’ll do something. Have an effect. Stop actual badness happening. Over here, the Labour Party is mirroring the Conservatives exactly, using the same anti-poor and anti-foreigner rhetoric, junking all their reformist policy ideas (extra working rights, abolishing the House of Lords, etc), so it’ll be voting for the same thing as the status quo, or the status quo with different faces. Democrats versus Republicans, that’s literally democrats versus fascists. I realise the Democratic Party is horribly flawed entity and still too right-wing, but they currently seem like the last line of defence for the republic from destruction by bloodthirsty extremists. Please make sure you do you bit to save your country, because the alternative is a domino effect that will likely end free societies as we know it.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
So... you would vote for a drug user to evict another drug user?

Just kick out trump. Harry is at least trying to do good. And I ******* hate the royals.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I'm sure he'd try to screw with whoever he felt like, but that would be after he declared himself dictator, ripped off the last shreds preventing the Republican party from just outright admitting to their fascism, and generally killed any last hope of the US not burning down in the flames of hate, so you'll forgive me if I don't really give half a flying shit about Harry.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
He still might be the reincarnation of Nero. There was a prophecy.

Of course there's also a tradition that Nero is the Antichrist, so these options aren't mutually exclusive.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Huh. I didn't realize there was a way to reconcile the "Revelation is a prophecy of the distant future" and "Revelation is just describing the then-current reign of Nero" theories. Where does the "reincarnation of Nero" thing come from?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
People have always been people, and people have always loved conspiracies. Nero got a very subdued funeral, and not a lot of people saw the body. So rumors got around that he wasn't dead but somehow escaped. The lore grew, and soon the rumor said he was building an army, and would one day return to retake the throne. And burn stuff.

His fans obviously liked him a lot, because they held on to this hope for hundreds of years. This divided into two traditions. Some thought he would return from the dead. Others thought he never died at all but was still just hiding, mysteriously not aging in the meantime. Yes, that was a thing. He was supposedly not aging while in exile, so when he retook the throne he would pick up exactly where he left off.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
People have always been people, and people have always loved conspiracies. Nero got a very subdued funeral, and not a lot of people saw the body. So rumors got around that he wasn't dead but somehow escaped. The lore grew, and soon the rumor said he was building an army, and would one day return to retake the throne. And burn stuff.

His fans obviously liked him a lot, because they held on to this hope for hundreds of years. This divided into two traditions. Some thought he would return from the dead. Others thought he never died at all but was still just hiding, mysteriously not aging in the meantime. Yes, that was a thing. He was supposedly not aging while in exile, so when he retook the throne he would pick up exactly where he left off.
Hmm, not quite a reincarnation as such, then. Would line up nicely with the "appearing as if he had a fatal wound but survived" description of the Beast, though.

I also had no idea Nero had such a cult of personality. But I guess the more things change...

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
Imagine the first judge who actually has the guts to throw him in jail. If only for a few hours. Someone needs to break that seal and do it. Set the precedent.

Top Bottom