Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Not like it'll stop 99% of them from getting reelected anyway; for most of them, the only reason to run campaign ads or do tours at all is to flex on everyone that they can afford to.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
Shot:

Chaser:

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I wish he'd make up his dementia addled mind. Do you have the cash or not? Cause every day, it's a different ******* answer.

Though I do like one of the slogans that has come out during all this. "Grab him by the assets, they let you do that when your an AG."

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Humorously, if he, or his legal team, DOES play the “dementia” card…it would torpedo his chances at the presidency immediately (theoretically) and STILL wouldn’t stop the seizure of assets.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Humorously, if he, or his legal team, DOES play the “dementia” card…it would torpedo his chances at the presidency immediately (theoretically) and STILL wouldn’t stop the seizure of assets.
Ha. No, it wouldn't. His followers really are that stupid and that deep into the cult. He's say it was all a dodge and his lawyers would wave their hands in the courts and it wouldn't mean a ******* thing because people are ******* stupid.

Anonymous X

Citizen
For years now I have expected Trump’s lawyers to play the Uncle Junior defence. The longer he legal issues go on, the more inevitable it seems. I mean, this isn’t an ageist statement, but he appears cognitively impaired in some way.

I agree with @Rhinox that it wouldn’t make a difference to more devoted followers of Trump’s cult.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
Trump is set to own most of the combined company — or nearly 79 million shares. Multiply that by Digital World’s closing stock price Friday of $36.94, and the total value of his stake could be nearly $3 billion.

The greenlight arrives at a time the presumptive Republican presidential nominee is facing his most costly legal battle to date: a $454 million judgment in a fraud lawsuit.

But Trump won’t be able to cash out the deal’s windfall immediately, unless the company’s board makes changes to a “lock-up” provision that prevents company insiders from selling newly issued shares for six months.
Not sure I like where this could be heading.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
On one side: he needs the cash. On the other: he needs truth social too. If he demands cashing out (and he ******* will.) the company will fold like superman on laundry day. No matter what: he's losing access to something he needs, cash (which he will take.) or the direct line to his cultists.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
I don't know if there's really any loss for him. He can always return to Twitter for his social media needs (Musk would be ecstatic to have him back). And Truth Social's shutdown will be everyone's fault but his.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Trump loses the unfettered access to his cult, if only because of how many won't make the transition back to twitter for what ever reason. It's not going to hurt him much, but it will hurt.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Ideology, bannings. He's going to lose followers if he does this, maybe not many, but he will lose them. And it's already a shrinking base, they aren't getting new cultists anymore, he can't afford to lose or alienate individuals anymore.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Wouldn't matter if this company nets him $3 bucks or $3 billion. The deadline is Monday. Only way he scrapes up this kind of cash is if someone buys him.

Ironbite-next two days are gonna be funny.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
I wonder if the MAGA base will riot before the election even happens. If they feel Trump is suffering too much from the consequences of his own actions, it wouldn't surprise me.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
I'm already expecting there'll be MAGA protestors outside Trump Tower on Monday. Not that it will do them much good if the Attorney General is going after his golf club first.

Top Bottom