Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
One theory I've seen says the divergence happened during the Cold War. Based on our track record with weapons, any logical timeline ended with mutually assured destruction. But we're still here, so we must not be in a logical timeline.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Summer 1998, that's my hypothesis and I'm sticking to it.

Granted, I have only anectodal evidence, but... over the past couple of years, I have been getting intrusive glimpses of the other track, even if I have no idea who should have chosen differently, how we could have chosen differently, or whether this was was a "you could make no mistakes and still lose" scenario.

Axaday

Citizen
He actually said in a speech that now if he becomes President again and someone runs against him, he can get them prosecuted and the crowd loved. There is no evidence that anyone in the room knew that if he became President again it would be his final term and no one would be running against him.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Oh I have no doubt that his first thing to do in office will be to start the movement of that amendment to the curb. So we can have his dream match - Trump vs Obama. lol

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Maybe we'll get lucky and his terrible health will catch up with him first. The courts don't seem willing to just lock him up despite his constant and blatant verbal attacks.

NovaSaber

Citizen

Trump and his think tank loyalists are collecting the ingredients and refining the recipe for an authoritarian regime should he win the 2024 presidential election. According to a page one story in The Washington Post Monday, Trump plans on the first day of his new administration to invoke the Insurrection Act so he can dispatch the military to counter any demonstrations that might resist his policies.

Why might he need the Insurrection Act? Well, the piece also notes Trump intends to turbo-politicize the Department of Justice and order prosecutions of his former aides and officials who have criticized him. Perhaps he thinks the country won’t let him go buck wild on the rule of law without a stink, so he wants to be ready to sic troops on the inevitable protestors. Fingered by Trump for legal beat-downs, the Post reports, are one-time Trump stalwarts and staffers like former chief of staff John F. Kelly, former attorney general William Barr, his ex-attorney Ty Cobb, and former Joint Chiefs of Staff Chair Mark A. Milley. Trump has singled out other officials at the FBI and the Department of Justice for prosecution, the piece adds, as well as President Joe Biden and his family.

Axaday

Citizen
Part of me thinks giving Trump some rope is going to be the only thing to wake up half of the country. The other part is really afraid that they are awake.

Axaday

Citizen
There's a really strange brew there. Remember when he went in the first time and we were pretty concerned about what he would accomplish? McConnell served him up his first Supreme Court pick, but he got lucky with the other two. And they got a tax cut through. I definitely don't mean to say he didn't do damage, but he was really lazy and really ineffective. The main damage he did on a regular basis was in sowing distrust and showing people it is okay to be rude and ignorant and brash. He has continued that work from Mar-A-Lago. At the end of the day, he is always going to be lazy and he is always going to be mostly satiated by being the President and living in the White House.

In a second term he would not start with Reince and others that the GOP got in there to keep him on the rails, but I would be interesting to see how difficult a time he would have filling out a cabinet. A few of his former cabinet picks went to jail and it looks like Mark Meadows could too. I think a second term cabinet would somewhat check him on the more traditional basis of knowing that they can go to jail for helping him.

Finding an Attorney General that will do the things he wants will be very difficult, because that hypothetical person is sure to go to jail. If he can get that part done and start doing what he says he will do, he'll start facing the deep state in much plainer ways than he did before and the Justice Department will be crippled by resignations.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
He won't have any more problems filling out a cabinet than the first time, because the 1.) the methods he used (acting heads, primarily.) was done to circumvent oversight, and 2.) project 2025 is scouring all of america's finest sewers for monsters and psychopaths whose sole purpose will be to say yes to trump and do everything stupid that falls out of his ugly, hateful face.

Ironbite4

Citizen
And also, there won't be a need for a cabinet because he's gonna declare him El Presidente.

Ironbite-4 lyfe.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
And enact a military coup against anyone who tries to stop him. Which 90% of the jarheads will gladly go along with because they're already brainwashed to respect the biggest bully in the room.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
No, that's pretty much the plan. Leaks from project 2025 have stated that trump intends to enact the insurrection act on day 1. He's openly talking about weaponizing the DOJ, and has a ******* list of people he's going to imprison for being mean to him.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
And enact a military coup against anyone who tries to stop him. Which 90% of the jarheads will gladly go along with because they're already brainwashed to respect the biggest bully in the room.
Depends on how seriously the various armed forces take their oath. Technically the oath is to the Constitution, NOT the President, so if he tries that there's a very good chance you'll end up with at least some of the military opposing him. No doubt there are some who don't give a crap and will back him up, but there are some who take that oath seriously too, particularly Special Forces and the like(otherwise they wouldn't even have been in the selection).

NO ONE wants the Army Rangers after them. It's like the next level beyond CIA "problem solving".

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
he's gonna get shot by the CIA and they'll make it look like an accident, lol
Give the CIA a bit more credit than that...
They'll add a little something extra to his McDonalds runs and make it look like his lifestyle finally caught up with him.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Apparently ABC has leaked testimony from jenna ellis and sydney powell where they state that trump had no intention of leaving the white house...

So that's a thing I'm happy is at least confirmed.

Top Bottom