Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Question: does attorney-client privilege still apply if he says she was never his attorney?
Since she actually WAS his attorney, he is in fact still covered by attorney client privilege.

But it does open up a whole new line of questioning in court: specifically a path that ends in a perjury charge, and completely prevent the use of trumps planned "defense of council" plan.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Follow-up question: Is she required to uphold attorney-client privilege?
Follow up answer: Not really. She could if wanted to (provided it was found that that privilege wasn't used in the commission of a criminal act.) or she could drop it voluntarily. Considering the fact that she flipped like the circus clown she is: I doubt attorney client privilege will be guiding her ethos any.

Xaaron

Citizen
She is required to uphold attorney-client privilege even if her client pretends that privilege never existed.

More relevantly (putting her ethics and morality aside) prosecutors cannot profit from a breach of privilege by the attorney.

Even if she says, "I don't care if I lose my license to practice law, here's everything he told me in confidence", statements like that could not be used against Trump.

Trump's could potentially waive that privilege, but a court would certainly use a strict standard for concluding that. "She's not my lawyer" isn't enough -- he would have to actively post "...and even if she were my lawyer, I hereby waive any privilege from that non-existent relationship" for a judge to even consider it.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen

wonko the sane?

Citizen
But it gets funnier later:

"Yo! I want a sweet deal to spill on trump's conspiracy!"

*Judge gives the DA the side-eye*

"Ahem. No. See you in court."

Axaday

Citizen
Donald Trump, who still hasn't internalized the problem with having one value for this loan applications and a different one for his taxes, came out to talk to the press during a break today and said the value of his properties was much more than what the financial statements said, not less. Which, if true, probably deepens his legal jeopardy.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
That would mean he understands that "the right to remain silent" means "shut up". Dude literally cannot not talk. Honestly it seems like he lacks object permanence and if he deliberately stop talking he thinks he'll disappear.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Why bother? That implies that any of the shit he's done isn't 100% his own fault, which is a road I'd rather not go down.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I'll take anything that keeps him out of office at this point. I want to have faith in the legal system locking him up before then, but at no time in my lifetime has the legal system shown itself effective at dealing with famous white guys.

Top Bottom