Toyota / JAXA Luna Cruiser Optimus Prime (Takara Tomy)

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen

Pre-order/crowdfunded version might include an MP-styled stand and might be able to be preordered here:

- https://camp-fire.jp/projects/view/673441

Google Translated info:

Lunar Cruiser Prime
Display stand set 1 set ■

・ Luna Cruiser Prime body
・Solar panel parts
・Antenna parts
・Limited display stand (W270 x H170 x D140)
·operating instructions

Precautions when returning
*The image is a prototype, so the shape and coloring may differ from the final specifications.
*This product contains 1 Luna Cruiser Prime and 1 display stand.
* Luna Cruiser Prime single item and product package are common. The display stand is packed separately,
We will ship the two together as a set.
*The product content is the same as the general release product to be released in March 2024, except for the limited display stand.
*Product shipping times are subject to change.

The regular version should be available some time later.

Internet_20230601_201219_5.jpeg

Internet_20230601_201219_4.jpeg

Internet_20230601_201219_1.jpeg

Internet_20230601_201219_3.jpeg

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Nice!

I kind of wish that the Optimus was more "moon buggy" colored than his classic red and blue, but it's still a very cool figure. If that comes to the States in some way that's not overly expensive, I may have to pick that up.

Shadewing

Citizen
Nice!

I kind of wish that the Optimus was more "moon buggy" colored than his classic red and blue, but it's still a very cool figure. If that comes to the States in some way that's not overly expensive, I may have to pick that up.
Thats the one thing I'm not fond of, he looks almost like Optimus in Cosplay in robot mode, since you can see his regular looking chest under the rover window, and his red arms. If those were all white I'd like him about 20% more.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So the story behind this is surprisingly interesting.

Takara actually helped design a transforming robot that's going to be being sent to the moon. This Prime doesn't turn into the same thing, but it is a celebration of that involvement.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
So the story behind this is surprisingly interesting.

Takara actually helped design a transforming robot that's going to be being sent to the moon. This Prime doesn't turn into the same thing, but it is a celebration of that involvement.
I'm not sure if Takara actually designed it? It seems that they either contributed some info and/or just sponsored the project, alongside Sony and some others?

However, Takara have seemed to have made a toy replica of the landing bot.

Last edited:

Top Bottom