Top reasons why you know your obsessed with Transformers (40th)

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
So here it is one of the dozens of old A.T.T print out from 1996-99 era this I think from 97
As you can see from the old canit TF website
100_4806.JPG

So lets see if the Allspark can come up with some good ones to

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
You paid actually real-world money to buy universally reviled product for the sake of completionism.

Still haven't actually gotten past like chapter 3 or 4 in the Covenant of Primus.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
You spend waking nights thinking about Beast Era-related articles on the wiki that either need to be written up from scratch or need to be completely rewritten, and feel that you're the only one capable of doing so.

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
I remember those lists! I think I have some of them printed off in a notebook down in my study.

Reactions: tec

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My dream was once to build my own Cybertron in a room, with one of every Transformer.

The fact life hasn't quite gone the way I'd have liked to allow me the budget and space for that kind of undertaking aside, I gave up on that when things got... how do I put this?

Used to be, you bought a character, and you owned that character. Maybe they'd get an upgrade, so maybe you'd have two versions of a character in a line. Three, tops.

Then came... well... Transformers for little kids. Transformers for big kids. Transformers for adults. Transformers that don't transform of Transformers that transform. Transformers available in small, medium, large, and Super Size, all at the same time. Multiple lines happening concurrently.

It just became a bit... much.

I still have that dream of my own Cybertron with every character (for the record, different versions of a character, i.e. G1, RiD, Armada, Energon, and Cybertron Optimus Primes would all count as "different characters" to this), to be sure, but... even if I could afford everything, I'd be a bit more selective about it now.

Wait, does this show I'm obsessed, or not obsessed?

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My dream was once to build my own Cybertron in a room, with one of every Transformer.

The fact life hasn't quite gone the way I'd have liked to allow me the budget and space for that kind of undertaking aside, I gave up on that when things got... how do I put this?

Used to be, you bought a character, and you owned that character. Maybe they'd get an upgrade, so maybe you'd have two versions of a character in a line. Three, tops.

Then came... well... Transformers for little kids. Transformers for big kids. Transformers for adults. Transformers that don't transform of Transformers that transform. Transformers available in small, medium, large, and Super Size, all at the same time. Multiple lines happening concurrently.

It just became a bit... much.

I still have that dream of my own Cybertron with every character (for the record, different versions of a character, i.e. G1, RiD, Armada, Energon, and Cybertron Optimus Primes would all count as "different characters" to this), to be sure, but... even if I could afford everything, I'd be a bit more selective about it now.

Wait, does this show I'm obsessed, or not obsessed?
You about summed things up for me as well. I always planned having a house with a large basement that I could convert into my own model of a Cybertron cityscape where I could have a massive diorama where I could set up battle scenes, or just display the figures in everyday life on Cybertron. 25 years of adult collection later and I'm realizing the odds of this happening are slim-to-none.

Top Bottom