The Wizarding World Thread

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
No, I just really enjoy these films and books and I am looking forward to more of them. Although that last movie needed a script rewrite, so I am hopeful that this one will be better with all the extra time.

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
I used to enjoy them. Before the author wrote an entire manifesto against people like myself.

That's fine though, Joanne's never getting another cent from me.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
*walks in, ready to talk Wizards of Waverly Place*

*sees what's actually being discussed*

1639232127796.gif

Ironbite4

Citizen
You guys do know she's saying that cis people can't be rapists and all rapists are transgendered folk right?

Ironbite-also I feel this'll get real political, real fast.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
If she were dead I might be able to let her awfulness go and enjoy the fictional world in spite of the author's gross hatreds.

But alive and a hateful bigot who will absolutely profit from it I'm not spending anything on anything Harry Potter related again.

-ZacWilliam, I'm far to old to be a die hard but I read most of the books as they came out when I worked at a book store in grad school. I enjoyed them for a large part and it sucks to have to let that go, but she's terrible enough and hurting real people enough that a fictional universe is NOT worth it.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think that the trailer looks good:

I still wished that Depp could have continued the role though.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw the Secrets of Dumbledore.

They simplified it by removing at the focus on at least one character and used a McGuffin ala how the Deathly Hallows were brought up in the last book.

Still, there's at least one scene that could have been cut out (though it probably had the big funny reaction from the audience).

Also, went into Eastern myth. Which is... New? Btw, how's marriage arranged in the wizarding world? Like do they use priests? Which religion would they use?

Edit - oh Mads was actually fine. It's not distracting to have him around instead of Depp.

Overall, less bombastic compared to the Crimes movie (a bit slow ish at the start) but it's much simpler and easier to follow.

They leaned up the cast focus and extra plots but probably couldn't resist adding a superfluous bit to make sure there's a fantastic beast.

I'd saw first movie is obviously the best of the three. Crimes was still needed to show how evil Grindelwald is but if they added more of that in Secrets, could have done without it.

Oh also I'm invested the most in Queenie and Jacob but Jude Law as Dumbledore was surprisingly nice.

Last edited:

Top Bottom