The Twit destroying Twitter is a Twaitor

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I mean, some dude in norway might think "My kid loves tiktok" and go from there. But yeah, human societies do run the gamut when it comes to money.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
The real question is, do any of the sane countries actually allow the kind of invasive data collection and exploitation that TikTok relies on for its revenue in the first place?

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Yeah, even sane countries laws haven't kept up with the pace of invasion of privacy the internet demands, and either just now starting to realize that maybe myspace isn't a billion dollar idea, and someone with a background should come up with something.

To the point: I trust norwegian blackmetal politicians more than I do the CCP and any chinese corporation.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Oh hey, so the exact thing they were screaming was happening to the right. Of course, it wasn't left wing voices that the algorithm couldn't tell apart from fascist hate speech.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:
I don't know if people realize how disgusting it is that Elon Musk rails against the idea of white privilege. Remember that he grew up in South Africa. Under apartheid!!!

The guy ranting against the "woke mind virus" and ridiculing the idea of white privilege actually grew up as a white kid under apartheid. You could not find a finer example of white privilege than that clown.

Most white guys who dismiss the idea of white privilege don't really understand it, but at least they did not LITERALLY grow up under a system of actual legalized formal white privilege.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I mean, it's debatable that white Americans "did not grow up under a system of actual legalized formal white privilege."

I remember reading about Apartheid as a kid and being like, Wait, it's Africa, what are white people even doing there in the first place? They don't belong there! Then a few years later it dawned on me what I was implying.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
1f2d91f96e1ba03b.jpeg

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
107c2b612c636968.png

*edit* This is fixed now, but you'd think their programmers would be smarter than this. (Unless of course it was a Musk demand that had to be rushed into production.)

Last edited:

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
107c2b612c636968.png

*edit* This is fixed now, but you'd think their programmers would be smarter than this. (Unless of course it was a Musk demand that had to be rushed into production.)
This seems a hoax. If nothing else, the redirect described would be redirecting a hypothetical "netflitwitter.com" to "netflix.com" rather than the other way around.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Nope, I saw articles about it in infosec space yesterday before the fix. What they did was change the display text but not the underlying link. So to demonstrate with broken html, [a href=netflitwtitter.com]netflitwitter.com[/a] becomes [a href=netflitwitter.com]netflix.com[/a]. It's not the first time this sort of bad matching has happened - Russia tried to throttle t.co a while back, as that's twitter redirects, and affected Microsoft.com.

It's just worse here because they only change the display text, and not the underlying link, which is why I suspect it was a Musk demand since it was for appearance only.

*edit* and now I'm hearing they have a 10% staff yearly retention rate these days... that sort of turnover certainly doesn't help either.

Last edited:

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen

Musk really wants people to think that blue check mark means something still. Shove on a bunch of folks to try to legitimize it, then when they all try to hide or remove it, make it mandatory to display.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
The Porygon-on-Wheels was always going to be a niche product. It's basically a retread of the Roadster, a product designed to draw attention to the company (and it sure did do that) rather than be a big money maker.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Saw a Cybertruck in the wild yesterday for the first time (and by "in the wild" I mean "strapped onto a trailer being hauled away"), and holy crap they're even stupider-looking in person.

Top Bottom