The Tomorrow War

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Ok folks, I need some help here.

Wrapping up this movie now, and I gotta say, I like it. He just went back to his normal time line 7 days later.

What I dont understand about this movie, how if Dan from 2022 went to the future, did his daughter still have memories of him living and dying in a car crash? If he time travels, how is he still in the past?

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
It's been a while since I've watched it, but usually a good rule of thumb for any time travel story is to not analyze the ending consequences too closely.

Axaday

Citizen
Every time travel story establishes what the rules will be and sometimes they are very well thought out and other times they just do whatever.

"Butterfly Effect" established that when he changes something in the past everyone else just switches to the altered timeline and the main character remembers the old timeline and then has a painful reaction when his brain downloads all the changes and then he remembers both. But then he needs to get someone on his side quickly so he finds a Catholic and travels back to his childhood and stabs his hands so that he will get stigmata, completely, entirely, utterly ignoring that the scars will have been on his hands ever since childhood and will not spontaneously appear.

Top Bottom