The Slaverian Trucker, formely: the wasteland trucker. Post apocalyptic "summer car" with a healthy dose of eurojank.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Another roughly physics based driving, survival and car maintenance game coming out of eastern europe somewhere. It's popped up in my queue and youtube a bunch of times, probably due to my time and research into "the long drive".

Now, some of you are probably wondering what I mean by "eurojank". It means: buggy as hell, made by one guy, perpetually early access game... which still works just fine. Think "goat simulator" but not on purpose. Okay, it's not that bad., but thats the concept you should be thinking of.

Now, given how this is not a western hemisphere game: the most recent update literally makes starting a new game even harder for you by making the radiator and oilpan of your truck leak. Yup, rusty pieces of shit... and not a single word anywhere of warning. Also: no way to fix it yourself. You start with a repair kit, but it only restores the... health? of the part, not the status. You need a garage. So you literally need to take your first job with a leaking bullshit radiator overheating on you. I had to restart the game because on my first run I killed the engine by the time I got to the drop off point. Literally. Dead. No more repair kits, and no turning over.

Second time, after I read the patch notes, I topped off the radiator at home, and bought some oil when I hit the second town. Didn't stop the truck from overheating during the delivery, but it DID spare my repair kits, and let me drive to (and afford.) the garage to seemingly fix the problem.

So yeah: the graphics suck, nothing is explained, the keybindings are obtuse, the driving physics are slow and heavy, and there's no way to actually strap shit down into the truck bed so you stand an even chance of losing whatever you put in there before you hit the delivery point. There's no map icons, and the backpack function is the most broken, ridiculous crap I've ever seen.

Having fun, yeah. If you like "my summer car", or "the long drive", you'll probably get a kick out of this. Not bad for 13 bucks. Plus it seems to be updating routinely so... yeah. Better than some triple A games to be true.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Things I have learned!

1.) the food and drink meters are reversed. 100 is empty, 0 is full... yeah, I know, right? Also: they go to 101 and THAT'S where you die. Literally just keel over like you got shot in the head.
2.) The rad leaks, but you can keep it topped up with literally almost any liquid. You can buy coolant at the grocery, water from the tap or bottle... or piss. Piss works too.
3.) There is cross traffic! There is also no law against vehicular homicide. Look both ways before crossing the street.
4.) Your speed and the gear of the vehicle are found at the lower left over the food and drink status, and only there in driving mode.
5.) The gauges on the truck work! They are almost ENTIRELY illegible without using the zoom, but they do work.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
That sounds like an absolutely wild time, and everything's fitting for that sort of game. I'm used to hearing it referred to as slavjank, though that's entirely due to watching Civvie11 play some absolutely broken and surreal shooters in that vein.

Top Bottom