The second iteration of IDW Transformers is one of my favorite pieces of fiction

Johnny Here

Citizen
The other 2 are Beast Wars and Beast Machines

It's one person's vision, that's planned out and is allowed to go as long as it cam
I like the focus on other races and how they feel about Cybertronians
I like that it's tone is mostly serious, with the only absurd goofiness coming from FlameWar

People say that it's too slow, but I love it

Reread it and some thoughts:

Termagax is an asshole. She pushes the Constructions to use combination, and when they're getting shipped off, she isn't even up front with them
I sort of wish Bumblebees story ended shortly after Rubbles death. Because when he was a mentor that was the most interesting. Or have him given a role where he has to look after newly forged Cybertronians
Really liked the A'ovans
I want to see more of immigrant Transformers in the future

I want to see more fantasy and sci-fi comics writing comics
I'd also like to see Hickman on Transformers

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
It's a personal favorite of mine, even if it has flaws. It gave me some of the same feelings that I got in the late 2000's with Furman's first run at IDW, where it felt like someone was building something new from the ground up using the tools and skills they gained from working on a version established by someone else. Even in it's short run, I felt it added a lot of ideas to the mythos (mentorship, going immersant, recontexualizing the conflict as expansionism vs sustainability) and finally answered the age old question of why do they have vehicle windows on Cybertron.

Definitely would have liked to see it continue.

Salt-Man Z

that is not dead which can eternal lie
Citizen
I didn't mind the slowness. I think Ruckley wrote the slow buildup better than he did the action, which got a bit samey towards the end. I loved his penchant for grabbing characters from absolutely anywhere and mixing them all up. It would have been really interesting to see where he would have taken the series by, say, five years later.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I'm curious how long he would have held out before sending the war to Earth, had the series not been given a truncated ending.

Top Bottom