Sourball
Citizen
430039370_10162125729752216_973057174182493093_n.jpg

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
View attachment 20042
When the arcane power hits just right.
I was about to joke that this must be a furry artist who can't hide their furry tendencies to draw wolf muzzles.
Then I noticed the fingers and other details being off.
Then I remembered you like making/posting AI art.
Then I was disappointed.

Seriously though, can you just add an "AI art" title to your pics that are generated that way? I don't like looking at pics and having to be skeptical whether a real person actually made it or not.

3210Self-Destruct

Chushka chuteshka.
Citizen
I was about to joke that this must be a furry artist who can't hide their furry tendencies to draw wolf muzzles.
Then I noticed the fingers and other details being off.
Then I remembered you like making/posting AI art.
Then I was disappointed.

Seriously though, can you just add an "AI art" title to your pics that are generated that way? I don't like looking at pics and having to be skeptical whether a real person actually made it or not.

If you’re talking about the number of fingers, it’s an intentional choice. One of the features of a race of snouty space elves who are nothing but trouble. Just a part of a larger project I’ve had in my head since I was in high school. Becoming a family man and working full time has left me little time to pursue the art aspects of it, but stable diffusion has provided me a means to pick up that slack. I do miss drawing though. Still have the original sketch that spawned the whole mess.
IMG_4078.jpeg

And if you’re having trouble discerning whether my posts are generated vs man-made, I consider it a compliment. I have had to delete a LOT of images that weren’t up to snuff.

But sure, I’ll label my posts as AI, just as long as you enforce it with other users. Cool?

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Aah, gotcha. I def prefer to art drawn by people and do my own stuff, but I have poked with AI art a bit out of curiosity. Getting the prompts to do what you want can be tricky.

Here's one I did recently, something like "goggles and a coffee mug on a desk with dark lighting". I mean, I would've never thought it'd have the mug wearing the goggles, lol.

Screenshot_20240223_173433_Discord~2.jpg

Thanks for the labels. I always question/call out non-labeled AI art when I can spot it.

3210Self-Destruct

Chushka chuteshka.
Citizen
Haha, yeah, the image generators can be a bit literal at times. It takes careful phrasing to get the desired result. It’s like panel massaging but with prompts.
I’ve tried some image generation just for fun, but it’s much more gratifying for me personally to try and create something close to what I envision in my head. It’s more challenging, in a way, especially when creating characters and races with no prior visual representation. But when I start seeing successful results, it gives me quite a rush, even when the early results look like this:

IMG_2806.jpeg

[AI Art] Ye Olde Lapanya

And now for something completely different:
IMG_5438.gif

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
I use AI for image generation a lot, but I never use it in my little game projects(mostly just use it to generate stupid images). The satisfaction of crafting my own assets is too strong, even if drawing or pixel art isn't really my strong suit. Kinda liken it to Star Trek. Between the holodeck and the replicators people don't really need to make most things, yet people still cook, paint, and perform music and plays. My biggest issue with generative AI currently is the economy isn't really ready for it. Laissez faire capitalism combined with AI = disaster for a LARGE number of people.

3210Self-Destruct

Chushka chuteshka.
Citizen
For me it’s an issue of time, energy, and money. Work and family require all of my time and energy, and money is too tight for me to commission a legit artist. I miss being able to draw and create my own art, but I also miss getting 8 hours of sleep and being able to stand without my knee making crunchy sounds. I understand the potential pitfalls of AI, but given that I’m not using it to commit crimes or steal work from someone I can’t afford anyway, I consider the damage to be minimal. And capitalism has already proven to be a flawed system, long in need of reform and repair, regardless of the impacts of AI. Might be this is is a flag of the need for change. But, that’s likely a discussion for the P&R board.

IMG_5535.jpeg

Dake

Citizen
It's the random image thread, not Deviant art or whatever. We haven't been crediting the artists for non-AI pics, nor for random photoshops; why is it suddenly a big deal now?

Top Bottom