The Official Food of Allsparkle Is...

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Nissin ramen, apparently.

2965506.png

This isn't Nissin's first MLP tie-in. They also did G4 and Pony Life.

Google Translate says these are mini cups for children, which means the amount of sodium might actually be within sane limits for an adult.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
You'd like to think that wouldn't you? Still always better to read the label first.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
For what it's worth, the beef flavor's sodium level is relatively okay. Of course the taste is a lot more mild.

Why does salt have to be so good at making things taste good?

Shadewing

Citizen
Wrong question: why does the thing that taste so good have to be so bad for us?

Actually Salt/sodium is not only good for us, its important for us to function correctly. Like anything, too much of it is bad. But Sodium is like the one thing our bodies actually need to function properly that it can't produce on its own.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I am aware, since my father is now recovering from open heart surgery. The volume needed to sate the palette of the average north american is about 3 to 5 times what's healthy long term.

Why is the stuff that tastes so good so bad for us?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There's been days when my dad had a mysterious craving for ramen despite never eating it before, and for whatever reason his body eagerly accepted it when nothing else was working.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
This isn't the same ramen, but it IS made by the same company, so I'm posting this....

Who knew that ramen commercials could go SO VERY dramatic...

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
There's been days when my dad had a mysterious craving for ramen despite never eating it before, and for whatever reason his body eagerly accepted it when nothing else was working.
That was his body demanding electrolytes. Ramen works since salt is what he needed, but you could also have used large quantities of low sugar gatoraid.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Gatorade has been iffy. The flavor is usually too strong, and too interesting. It's a lingering chemo thing.

There is a genuine benefit to ramen packaging the flavor separately, so he can add as much as he's comfortable with. Though he usually uses all of it anyway. For whatever reason, the shrimp flavor just works for him. Maybe ramen really is the perfect food.

Top Bottom