The New TFwiki Discussion Thread (2023)

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
TFwiki.png

This is the Allspark's new thread to discuss any "meta" issues about the Tfwiki website.

Please understand that this is not an official method to contact the Tfwiki site, or its mods/admins/users. It is rather a place to record observations or discuss the site in lieu of (or instead) of any direct/official channels (if and when needed).

To get the ball rolling, here's an issue I had recently:

- As of yesterday, no searches with "tfwiki" appear in Duck Duck Go's results page. The only one that is ok is "tfwiki.net", nothing else.

Last edited:

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
Huh, that's weird. Just searching 'tfwiki' didn't link to the wiki, and searching for 'tfwiki.net' doesn't either, but it does show this post as the #3 result:

Capture1.PNG

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
It might have been the site's robots.txt, which was set to not give their crawler permission to index the site. Even though that hasn't changed in eons and their crawler was indexing it anyway. I've added permissions for them, so that might fix it.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
Hard to say - it sounds like DDG sources data from Bing, and I discovered that TFWiki wasn't showing up on Bing either.

A test I did just now on both Bing and Duck Duck Go had the site appear in search results, so hopefully it's now fixed.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Thanks folks. I wasn't sure how to contact Tfwiki, as I couldn't find any contact info at the site.

It seems to be working on the search results now. I clicked on the link I used in my original post and...

TFWiki DDG.png

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Great work! I still like this story, so it's nice to see it get this kind of attention.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Twas
Oof. That was barely more than a stub at that point.

That's quite a project.
Thanks. Though, truth be told, the majority of work was done back in 2016-2017, with some touch ups made in the years since (one big one made earlier this year due to my also having given individual articles to every installment of Apelinq's War Journals back in the summer). It was only this year that I decided to submit RTOP for nomination.

Original AWJ page for comparison. Then the page as it was from 2017-2023. The current version individual articles is linked above.

And, just for fun, there was a time when all four Omega Point prose stories ("Herald", "Covenant", "Schism", and "Paradox") were all originally on the same page! o_O

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This is why people think this story is more confusing than it is. TFWiki's coverage needed work.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Other noteworthy things I've worked on in recent years, for anyone interested.

Updated:

Overhauled:

Created:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
With the news reveals of the Amazon-exclusive Barrage & Chop Shop, it feels relevant to share the news that the wiki now has a full article for Beetras.

Top Bottom