The new 7 days to die thread!

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Because I can't seem to find if the new spark had one, and because the long awaited, highly anticipated, sometimes controversial alpha 21 (experimental.) finally dropped! So here's a new thread for the eternally in alpha 7 days to die. Mods: feel free to merge if necessary.

So far, I've played less than a hour, so here's my reactions to date:

-1.) Oh... OOOHH, animated fun pimps splash screen. And it's actually good. Very nice.
-2.) is that a new loading screen? It's a lot less busy with better contrast, I think I like it.
-3.) menu looks about the same.
-4.) World gen is... very fast. I mean, still hung for a few minutes, but it's never not done that. And a 10240 world generated in like 10 minutes instead of 45. I approve!
-5.) I can't tell if the game is loading fast because of the shiny new computer/hard drive, or they optimized it. Either way, likey very much.
-6.) Oh my GAWD! The world is so pretty, everything looks so good... MEDIUM settings? Hot slag on a skewer! *turns up to ultra*
-7.) *after turning up to ultra* Oh yeah, which button brings up the FPS... there we go. 60.0... alrighty then *plays more* Oh, wow. It's, uh, never moved from 60. I think it dropped to 59.8 when I was being attacked by like 5 crawlers that spawned in a body trailer.
-8.) speaking of body trailers: these cars look so awesome now. I hope they kept the door explody animation when you scrap them.
-9.) THIS is bobs compound?!? oh wow, just... wow. It's looks so much like a hacked together survivor settlement... wait, what is that toilet connected to?
-10.) HA! Nailed that chicken with this crappy bow... wait... NO! Stop EATING THAT! I... was going to... eat that... Man, I needed those feathers...
-11.) Hey wait... am I dismembering everyone?!?! *pops the top of the head off the fat one with the undershirt* I AM!

Genuinely looking forward to playing more after dinner, I want to see the higher resolution, newly skinned world, and kill everything in it.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Oh yeah, I should add the trader to my waypoints *goes to the map screen: waypoint is already there.*

Oh, oh I like that, yes I do. It seems like they also made it so that when you get an item it shows you how many you've picked up, then your total number of that item in brackets.

And it seems like they made the low tier critical injuries (infection, bleeding, scraps, concussions.) easier to acquire, cause I am ******* suffering right now. Feels like alpha 17 up in here, but, like, prettier.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Awww, the cars no splodey no more...

Ah well, everything else is still pretty awesome. All the POI's seem to have gotten either upgraded or touched up. All the textures were updated or replaced, and I honestly do not mind the skill magazines. Is it a move to deliberately slow down game progress? Yes, but I don't care. I'm not kitted out in level six shit before the first horde night, survival is actually a challenge but not punitive.

I think they got this update right.

Top Bottom