The Bad Guys (2022 film)

ZootyCutie

Citizen

I want to find more and more places to gush about this movie. :LOL:

I love the book series that this movie's based on, and hearing the news about the movie being made kept me on board for any bit of news. Took a while, because of, well, all the stuff going on, but to finally see this movie getting stuff is great...and when they said "SpiderVerse-like animation" in an interview, I was expecting great things...but not this level.

We're really in a great age of stylized CGI lately, and I'm glad DreamWorks has been stepping onto the plate and giving their own "style changes" with movies.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Yeah I'm really here for thise blending of 2d and 3d elements weve been seeing popping up recently. Really elevates the artisticness of it all.

ZootyCutie

Citizen
Finally this movie's out, which means finally seeing it, and I loved it. It was so worth the wait, animation was gorgeous, and it really feels like more things can be done with this brand! So glad it turned out great!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Nice to hear! I am going to wait for it to be out on Home media or streaming first.

I have been becoming a movie hermit lately.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Smile style is Steven Universe Turning Red and feels like vintage anime like Lupin III.

I don't know if I can wait for it to go streaming. I might watch it in cinemas already, argh

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw it. Story's what you expect. I still see the anime influence with the action.

Was the book series crew diverse like the movie voice cast? American, European (Snake?), African, Asian, Hispanic?

I'm a bit disappointed in two bits. Not enough of Mr. Shark doing disguises. Like, I expected a ton of that. And the crew needed to have done more good deeds. They really should have done a 3minute montage of them doing good stuff, c'mon.

Oh, I could have done without Mr Piranha's fart stuff.

Hmm, from the last major animated movies, in terms of fun, I'm ranking it as

Turning Red
Encanto
Sing 2
Bad Guys

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Saw it last night amd had alot of fun. It was predictable but was entertaining enougj that ot didn't bother me.

Animation was a clear highlight! There some great poses and expressions (Piranha constantly had my attention when he was on screen). Loved the obvious Lupin III homages.

Top Bottom