TGIF

wentwood

Citizen
Boy Meets World
Family Matters
Sabrina The Teenage Witch
Sister Sister
Step By Step

On DVD watching episodes of Sabrina , Family Matters and Sister Sister I missed.

Both Sabrina and Sister Sister had moved to WB while Family Matters and Step By Step moved to CBS.

Will finish Step By Step at some point.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Oh, wow, making me dig up the Wikipedia article for this one... wow, I appreciate how comprehensive the scheduling table is. By that, I believe I started in the Fall of the 90-91 season, when it was Full House, Family Matters, Perfect Strangers, and Going Places.

Actually, reading the summaries for the latter, it might have been January '91 that I started.

So, going from there...

Dinosaurs
Baby Talk
Step by Step (kinda had a thing for Al, too)

I don't really remember Billy...

Yeah, it gets kinda scattershot from there. I watched a little Hangin' with Mr. Cooper, maybe Getting By, and a bit of Sabrina and Boy Meets World, though I'm not sure how much of either.

wentwood

Citizen
I started Family Matters and Boy Meets World on DVD.

Watching Sabrina on DVD to catch up the WB episodes.

Sister Sister to also see the WB episodes.

Family Matters had been going on TV for 3 series when I started watching it at year 4.

Sabrina I had seen off and on up to Series IV before the move to WB.

Missed most of Sister Sister due to the move to WB.

Boy Meets World I saw a lot of but missed a few episodes.

Home Improvement was on Friday but ended up on Tuesday nights.

Step By Step I plan to finish at some point.

I had seen a good bulk of Mr Cooper but missed a few.

wentwood

Citizen
Currently Watching

Boy Meets World
Series I

Family Matters
Series I

Home Improvement
Series II

Series II

Sister Sister
Series IV

on DVD.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
TGIF used to be an ABC programming block aimed at families and kids. Back when I was watching, it was shows like Family Matters, Step by Step, and Full House. For some reason I remember Dinsoaurs and Boy Meets World to be Sunday evening shows.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
TGIF used to be an ABC programming block aimed at families and kids.
anigif_sub-buzz-18784-1503329632-10.gif

wentwood

Citizen
Boy meets World is on Fridays.

Family Matters was on their 4th series when I started watching it. So I'm catching up the 1st 68 episodes or so on DVD.

I saw most of Boy Meets World but had missed a few episodes.

Home Improvement was on Fridays for a few weeks so I'm catching up the episodes I missed.

Also missed a few episodes of Sabrina on ABC so refreshing on this.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Boy meets World is on Fridays.

Family Matters was on their 4th series when I started watching it. So I'm catching up the 1st 68 episodes or so on DVD.

I saw most of Boy Meets World but had missed a few episodes.

Home Improvement was on Fridays for a few weeks so I'm catching up the episodes I missed.

Also missed a few episodes of Sabrina on ABC so refreshing on this.
I could have sworn that Home Improvement was a Tuesday show too. But looking it up, It bounced around days. It wasn't a TGIF show, but it was on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and then Tuesdays for the last three seasons.

wentwood

Citizen
I'm on Series IV of Sister Sister.

Also am watching the WB episodes of Sabrina on DVD.

As for Family Matters am almost half done with year 1.

Family Matters was one of the first 4 shows on TGIF. Also Perfect Strangers and Full House.

As Full House also stated TGIF watching the new Fuller House series on DVD to finish the Full House story.

Full House was on TGIF for 4 Series.

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
Watched as a family when I was younger, remember catching Full House, and Perfect Strangers, and Family Matters. Remember being hyped for Dinosaurs, and then pretty let down it. Saw a decent amount of Boy Meets world when I dated a girl that loved it. Caught hanging with Mr Cooper during some garage mid day time slot it had at one point.

wentwood

Citizen
I picked up a few TGIF shows on DVD as during that time if you lived too far away you can't get a decent signal to see it.

So for me I was just enough in range to get ABC.

40 miles is too far to get a strong enough signal.

I just started Boy Meets World and Family Matters on DVD.

Will be on Series III of Sabrina on DVD.

I group bought Sabrina so I can catch the WB run soon.

Sister Sister had moved to WB at Series III and Sabrina at Series V to WB.

wentwood

Citizen

WB Era

It seems to me that this run feels more like a new series having started to phase out Hilda and Zelda.

Also bringing in Morgan and Roxey. It'll take me time to get used to these two.

I saw 3 episodes from WB so far on DVD.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Speaking of Sabrina's aunts, talk about your glow-ups from the comic versions. I remember they changed the latter to more closely reflect the former. I wonder if that stuck, or as soon as the show was cancelled, they went back to the old stereotypical witch looks.

Edit: Oh, apparently it's lasted ever since. https://www.cbr.com/sabrina-aunts-tv-show-comic-book-change/

Last edited:

Top Bottom