TF Cleaning/reboxing Questions

Autobubbs

Citizen
For the past couple years I've begun to sell off my G-1 collection via consignment. Mostly some of the later G-1/G-2 stuff, with any of the few things still in package (not many).

I'm finally ready to start bringing in some of the good stuff, 1st/2nd year w/boxes, but the fella who runs the consignment shop has allergies, and has requested I clean them up a little better. Before I'd just ran them over with a non-scented Swiffer rag and called it good, but I'm wondering if there are some better methods.

Had considered using the 'Blow off Duster' keyboard air-can in some cases, but not sure if it would do any harm.

There's also the matter of just who got what mail in offer... as (naturally) the bulk of my 84 releases are 85.

Any and all help are greatly appreciated

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
Canned air duster is great, it won't do any harm as long as you hold it upright and don't get liquid coming out of the can. Microfiber cloths that can get into the cracks are also handy.

Autobubbs

Citizen
Canned air duster is great, it won't do any harm as long as you hold it upright and don't get liquid coming out of the can. Microfiber cloths that can get into the cracks are also handy.

*nod* Any Seekers should be good enough with the cloths, but any cars won't be as easy.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yep, I can attest that soft paint brushes work wonders for panel lines, corners and crevaces. I also use Q-tips for stubborn areas, then finish off with a clean microfiber towel.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I use a makeup brush. It has very soft, fanned out bristles that work really well for dusting all the nooks and crannies of the figures.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I may go overboard but I have a small Ryobi vaccume cleaner with a soft long-bristle dust brush. I use that to suck the dust off and that way it doesn't just settle back out. The bin on it is clear plastic so if a small part goes up the tube I know and can get it out, so nothing can get lost.

Top Bottom