Studio Series discussion

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
No Swoop?

I guess, we'll just have to wait until next year for his reveal but then most the reveals were focused on the Gamer line, we still not seen the Siege Hound retool done in Hound colours, yet, so it could be a while, but one thing for sure, they seem intent on milking the voyager Junkion mold with the various retools/repaints

Dake

Citizen
From reading Evan's post - it doesn't seem like he's particularly excited by Starscream either. I guess the alt-mode is technically more game accurate anyway.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I prefer the original WFC Starscream toy. They could have upscaled it and saved themselves a bit of dosh on the R&D, added some Takara styled metallic paint, a bit of battle damage and weathering to it and called it a day. I would have bought it then.

SS-109 Bumblebee Movie Concept Megatron
1698541673377.png

"I am ecstatic to finally be able to share our Leader Scale Concept Megatron. We officially came across this oddity while sifting through the CAD files from the Bumblebee movie, and discovered a wonderful unused design for Megatron. Originally the story was going utilize Megatron being frozen in ice, to help bridge the continuity gap to the Bayverse films, but the scene was eventually dropped, and this design disappeared. Luckily for us, we thawed it out and I was thrilled to be part of the team to help bring this figure to life.

We got to work on a vehicle design for Megatron. Like the majority of the BB Cybertronian alt modes, we wanted to utilize details that were present on the bot form, but still prioritize maintaining the look that they had on screen without sacrificing them for fantasy alt modes. This strategy has had some mixed success, but each new figure feels like a welcome addition to the line. Knowing that theatrical Megatron arrived on earth as a cybetronian jet, and later a tank in the first two Bayverse films, I was split between what alt form was most appropriate, but aiming for a tripleformer seemed most appropriate. I enlisted @santalux75 to conceptualize some vehicle looks for each of the modes, which we were able to take inspiration from for the final design.

I was able to partner with Yuya Onishi at Takara, who worked his magic to deliver a truly uncompromised robot mode from what ever direction you look at it. The articulation for this figure is unmatched by any other Transformer that I’ve had the opportunity to work on you can see the love that went into making this definitive version of Megatron.

Megatron’s fusion cannon can be folded and stowed on the figures back, and can be positioned in a couple of different orientations between the two vehicle modes. The figure is packed full of a heritage deco scheme that was pulled directly from the concept art.
Caption too long continued in the comments.

Officially revealed at MCM London, thanks to BMac for representing the team out there. I hope you enjoy this figure as much as I have, and I can’t wait for you to get this figure in had.

I am excited for the opportunity that this program has to grow the studio series brand. What are your thoughts on Concept Megatron? is he a welcome addition to studio series, or should he have remained tucked away in the archives? And if so, who concept figure do you want to see next?"

396169323_351218280726816_7864259708545367791_n.jpg

396254041_348108901222508_4361116364135090877_n.jpg

395755332_894638302024211_4256564698363090821_n.jpg

396795392_345811964685479_8290249831929648464_n.jpg

395921097_987621692324083_5207205598447071060_n.jpg

Minitron.gif

Tiny Tank.gif

Tiny Jet.gif

396798820_732125682069711_4871797646547288138_n.jpg

396607565_280785107630955_3876938382556631705_n.jpg

396224461_1472797396904577_1171841675680425534_n.jpg

396571076_1062800874718914_6982117113206477023_n.jpg

I will probably buy the inevitable official and repainted/oversized KO versions of this figure. It looks SOOOO good. Heck, I wouldn't mind this repainted in G1 Blitzwing colours.

Last edited:

Glitch

Citizen
They're ignoring quite a few movie characters for gamer edition and concepts.
someone must be slapped on the wrist for this.

Blot

Citizen
Please, please, please, PLEASE give Megatron the shiny paint job Studio Series 07 Megatron got. I don't want to see that design with the RotF Megatron treatment.

The Phazer

Citizen
Megatron feels too much like an Action Master who a few sort of alt modes have been mushed in. Scorponok looks worse than the Weaponiser. Wheeljack looks more like the film design but I think I prefer the mainline one. Mohawk is... ghastly but was always going to be. Scrapheap looks nice enough. Starscream is woeful. I am absolutely baffled as to why you should show it in comparison to the original game CAD or the deluxe given it is significantly worse than both of them. Rumble is... kind of fun?

Fairly slim pickings.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
They've got like four lines running concurrently. One of them is bound to get screwed over on quality.

Shadewing

Citizen
Seriously.

The “concept-to-physical” is very…
View attachment 17395

It doesn't help matters that those are very /simple/ designs; its not like they are completely unrelated or you can't tell what goes where. It's very clear where the chest, legs, and feet are; Megantron basically just lies flat on his back. we see that the sides of the tank flip down and reveal wings, jet mode is largely just tank mode with a cockpit; but it works becuase the tank mode is already very sleek and streamlined. The only improvement inmo is the toy has the cannon on the underside where it would be more effective.

I'm not an engineer; but it seems like there's no reason they couldn't have made the alt modes look more like the concept; when it looks like the concept art feels like its designed with toy potential in mind.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Megatron's tank mode is really good in a Metal Slug kind of way. The jet mode isn't great, but I never expected him to be a triple changer to begin with so I can just pretend it doesn't exist.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I will get the Junkion and perhaps Megatron (the toy didn't seem to be as good as the previous post's CG/concept renders) and Scorpa-not (as it's kind of got G1 Insecticon colours). The robot mode isn't great though...

Scorpy-Chums.png

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I do not understand Megatron's alt modes. Those are clearly not the same things as the concept art. It's not that the proportions are off or some details are there but the wrong shape. They are not the concept vehicle modes at all.

It seems like so much more work to accomplish so much less.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I do not understand Megatron's alt modes. Those are clearly not the same things as the concept art. It's not that the proportions are off or some details are there but the wrong shape. They are not the concept vehicle modes at all.

It seems like so much more work to accomplish so much less.

I believe they were aiming to be faithful to the robot mode desgin and its not like this Megatron had a on screen appearance and they are working off the CAD files they have for the desgins, same goes with Gamer SS!

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
They're calling it Gamer Edition and yet none of them have voice chips to yell racial slurs at you like real Gamers.

Smh Hasbro, missed opportunity.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
They're calling it Gamer Edition and yet none of them have voice chips to yell racial slurs at you like real Gamers.

Smh Hasbro, missed opportunity.

Maybe if they ever do MP verisons they'll have voice chips that can be programed via a app to say whatever you want them to say, like "Until all and GONE!!" or "MEGATRON!!! (screaming style)" or "Bow to me, your new leader!"

Top Bottom