Studio Series discussion

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
There's an OSKO SS BB film Ratchet and SS86 Sharkticon coming out.

Screenshot_20221015-182833~01.png
Screenshot_20221015-182631~01.png
Screenshot_20221015-182706~01.png

More info here:

- https://www.allspark.com/forums/threads/the-knock-off-transformers-thread.134/post-55729

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
So I got the 15th Anniversary set today as a late Bday gift; and I really like them all... except Bumblebee... more or less. First time having any of these molds Each one is great in their own ways; but BB is the real weak link of the set, becuase it feels like they ran out of their paint budget while doing him. Yeah, each figure is missing some, mostly minor paint apps.. but BB is missing some major ones. No chest stripes, his forearm armor is all one color, no paint on the feet at all so they're just gray, and that kinda crappy light gray plastic at that. The only thing I like about him is the regular Bee head and the tinted windows. However, if you completely ignore the deco; he's imo the best camero BB. Not annoying to transform, stuff actually stays in place in both robot and vehicle modes. Pondering getting the previous release and swapping heads.

Last edited:

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I grabbed a exosuit spike wickity today. I was mostly under whelmed when it was still in the box, but actually playing with it it's a neat fairly well articulated figure. Could have used another paint app on the human head, but largely decent.

I did have to take it into the workshop and tighten the single screw holding the damn thing together though. It was so loose that there was enough space in the seam to shove your fingernail in there. If it comes loose again, I'll have to take it apart and use a micro drop of super glue to act as some locktight.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I grabbed a exosuit spike wickity today. I was mostly under whelmed when it was still in the box, but actually playing with it it's a neat fairly well articulated figure. Could have used another paint app on the human head, but largely decent.

I did have to take it into the workshop and tighten the single screw holding the damn thing together though. It was so loose that there was enough space in the seam to shove your fingernail in there. If it comes loose again, I'll have to take it apart and use a micro drop of super glue to act as some locktight.
I'm in the process of adding extra white paint, filling-in and painting the back of the head and adding some details, but I've run out of white paint...

Shadhausen

Citizen
So I saw The Fallen at Target today. Didn't pick him up but if anybody in the Lansing, MI area wants him he's at the south Lansing Target.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
So I saw The Fallen at Target today.

He was browsing the small seasonal junk area at the front of the store. He kept accidentally setting the felt Christmas gnomes on fire. I felt kinda bad for him.

-Zacwilliam, Latter he was holding up one of the self check out stations trying to get his card out of his wallet with those things that pass for his fingers

Blot

Citizen
I picked up the The Fallen toy when Hasbro Pulse had that sale recently. Honestly, it's a mixed bag of a figure. On the one hand, it's the best toy of the design we've ever had. On the other, it's an inherently jank and weird design that doesn't make for a good toy in the first place.

Shadewing

Citizen
Yeah, I'm waiting for the next good sale I see to pick him up. I want him becuase he's the best design of him, like Blot says. But I really don't want to pay leader for him because he's one of the worst 'cybertronian' movie designs. He might as well be a RED figure.

Glitch

Citizen
Got Crosshairs but Parcelforce can GTH, damned driver claimed 'delivery attempted', claimed he slipped a note in the door but I saw no van, no one came, there was no footprints in the snow laying on the path so I put in three complaints: one online, one to an advisor on the phone and one to the post office where he dumped it.
Crosshairs is nice though.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Got Crosshairs but Parcelforce can GTH, damned driver claimed 'delivery attempted', claimed he slipped a note in the door but I saw no van, no one came, there was no footprints in the snow laying on the path so I put in three complaints: one online, one to an advisor on the phone and one to the post office where he dumped it.
Crosshairs is nice though.

It sounds to me that the driver rather deliver big bulky packages and dump the smaller ones off at the post office so that they can keep warm, its been FREEZING today where I live and tomorow its only going to get colder

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm not confident. Hasbro's been a lot better about finishing teams but a whole set of Leaders was a bit ambitious. Especially with a Core set coming. I could see a clueless bean counter seeing the remaining Leaders as an easy cut.

Nevermore

Citizen
For Buddha's sake, we only got a listing for Leader Class Snarl this July.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
One of the big reveals in the latest batch of listings was a Studio Series Commander class Ultra Magnus.

In my gut, I feel like they’ll end up going for the “Masterpiece-lite” by omitting the cab robot and opening up the trailer for car storage, along with making him a little bigger with more than average articulation, akin to what happened to Starscream when he got retooled for the Coronation release. Probably including provisions to allow for him to store a Matrix in his chest, and maybe a slider for his “shades” style of eyes.

But between Kingdom and possibly even SG for me…I’m not sure I have any pressing need for another redo of the same traditional Ultra Magnus design. Much less at the Commander price point.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm not worried about the inner bot. They wanted to do one, and Kingdom is what they settled for when their first plan didn't work out, and they weren't happy about it. You can see the lack of enthusiasm all over Kingdom. It wasn't what they wanted.

I don't think this is just about being more cartoon accurate. I think that first Ultra Magnus plan is going to haunt them until they do it, so they grabbed a Commander slot and gave it another try.

Top Bottom