Stray

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
*googles*

OMG the cat Kowloon game actually happened!

Yeah I'm going to need something that can run this. I remember when this was teased but I didn't know if the project ever went anywhere.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Playstation 4/5 and Windows....probably not your Windows or else cute kitty may become a Lovecraftian horror.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
No!

The protagonist of Stray was already perfect. He's cute, adorable...he's the cat we needed instead of the cat we deserved. Any "improvement" only tarnishes that which was perfect.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
No!

The protagonist of Stray was already perfect. He's cute, adorable...he's the cat we needed instead of the cat we deserved. Any "improvement" only tarnishes that which was perfect.
I never thought of it as an improvement, just a novel alternative.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Nyan.

bHJd074.gif

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
So, now that I've seen the whole game... anyone else feel like it was weirdly similar to WALL-E? Starts out as an unconventional story, told without dialog, about a small creature alone in an abandoned world, sticks with that premise just long enough that you start to feel like it could actually carry the thing... but then it takes a sharp turn into being a more conventional story that's more about the speaking people they run into. And the story is specifically about them fighting back against an unthinking, unfeeling machine that's just following its programming and is under the false impression that everyone's safer locked up. Personally that was the one thing I hated about WALL-E—as much as I liked the story it did tell, they built up false hope that I was in for something more left of the dial and it made it feel like squandered potential.

Also, anyone else think it was hyper messed up that after all you went through, after finally getting out of the city (along with all the robots I never cared about) you don't even get to reuinite with your cat family?

Top Bottom