Star Trek General Discussion: Strange New Worlds new season is filming!

Kup

Citizen
I always preferred this for the opening credits.

Also, if they wanted a more introspective song like Faith of the Heart, then the original promo song also works well too.

I think it’s interesting how the music in both videos has a “moment” when one of the old NASA ships blasts off and whatever musical note plays at that exact moment seems to fit nicely.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The song wasn't terrible, but I really didn't like it as a Star Trek theme. The "Archer's theme" track from the soundtrack album goes really well with the title sequence though:

Its not bad, and it wouldn't stand out next to Voyager or DS9's theme songs, but Faith of the heart is just so awesome.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wanna talk about the TOS Animated Series more (cuz it was really awesome. I just breezed by it too quickly) but I'm bumbling into Enterprise eps and have to comment.

101 Broken Bow, I thought / hoped the Klingon would stick around. I just want more alien species on the crew around. The guys are just so, I dunno, army types, not explorers. But I guess they had to start somewhere.

That would have been neat. I love how they call out the Vulcans for acting like Humans in this episode.

104 Unexpected. Aaand Trip is pregnant. Glad the maternal instincts on a man wasn't really played for too much humor. They really restrained themselves. The first parts with first contact and the whole Trip adjusting and being fascinated with the Xyrillians was great. Aaaand then he got pregnant. Glad Archer treated it seriously. T'Pol was being too snarky tho. I laughed when the Klingons laughed too, sorry Trip, haha.

I love the line that the Klingons have in the Holodeck, "I can see my house from here!".

There seems to be more of a female gaze theme going on. Like, they had Scott Bakula showering in zero gravity in a cold open that wasn't relevant to the plot.

There is a lot fan service in this show, start expecting a lot of PG13 content.

Oh but Porthos is amazing and hope they show that there's more of him running around in the ship so he's not lonely, haha
Porthos is awesome!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I always preferred this for the opening credits.

Also, if they wanted a more introspective song like Faith of the Heart, then the original promo song also works well too.

I think it’s interesting how the music in both videos has a “moment” when one of the old NASA ships blasts off and whatever musical note plays at that exact moment seems to fit nicely.

First of all, Wherever You Go is an amazing song and it works well here. I say this as a super fan of this song, (I literally sang it on Karaoke last weekend) Faith of the Heart just works so well for this show. However, you say WYG was used as a promo song for the show?

The other theme sounds good to.

Kup

Citizen
First of all, Wherever You Go is an amazing song and it works well here. I say this as a super fan of this song, (I literally sang it on Karaoke last weekend) Faith of the Heart just works so well for this show. However, you say WYG was used as a promo song for the show?

The other theme sounds good to.
The other video is when Kirk rides the horse from Generations. One of my favorite pieces of 90s Trek music, so my opinion might be biased toward that version.

And yes I love WYWG too. I think it captures the feel of that pre 9/11 optimism we all had growing up as Xennials.

It was the first promo I ever saw for Enterprise so many of us back then on BBS boards thought it was going to be the primary theme for the show. Here it is.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
I don't know if anybody still plays "Rock Band (4)", but "WYWG" will be released Thursday as one of the final weekly DLC for "Rock Band".

I know, shocking. DLC was still getting released for a game from a dead genre.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't know if anybody still plays "Rock Band (4)", but "WYWG" will be released Thursday as one of the final weekly DLC for "Rock Band".

I know, shocking. DLC was still getting released for a game from a dead genre.
The genre got a shot in the arm during the pandemic, but no one has released a big band set in years.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I'm finished with S1 of Enterprise and I'm enjoying the hex out of it. There's a bunch of episodes and details want to go over (like the beginnings of the Prime Directive, the photon torpedoes, the use of grapplers [from Lower Decks], OMQ they visited Risa!!!!, and questions I want to ask but don't really want to know the answers since they're spoilers like if Daniels gets saved somehow or if the Suliban play a part in future series etc) but can't really get into that now.

Just saying that I saw s2 Cabin Creek ep with the Vulcans on Earth and I was just chortling all the way. It's like Data stuck in the past, kinda. I want to know what happens to Mescal the Vulcan who stayed and if Jack the kid T'Pol becomes important but since Enterprise is in this whole Temporal War thing, I know I'll probably see these plot bits come up later.

Gosh dang, its been fun so far. I'm actually singing the intro when it starts, hehe

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm finished with S1 of Enterprise and I'm enjoying the hex out of it. There's a bunch of episodes and details want to go over (like the beginnings of the Prime Directive, the photon torpedoes, the use of grapplers [from Lower Decks], OMQ they visited Risa!!!!, and questions I want to ask but don't really want to know the answers since they're spoilers like if Daniels gets saved somehow or if the Suliban play a part in future series etc) but can't really get into that now.

I love the episode where Tpol convinces archer to ask for help as it would surprise the Vulcan captain.

Just saying that I saw s2 Cabin Creek ep with the Vulcans on Earth and I was just chortling all the way. It's like Data stuck in the past, kinda. I want to know what happens to Mescal the Vulcan who stayed and if Jack the kid T'Pol becomes important but since Enterprise is in this whole Temporal War thing, I know I'll probably see these plot bits come up later.

I like that episode. I love that she sold Velcro to humans.

Gosh dang, its been fun so far. I'm actually singing the intro when it starts, hehe
It's been a long road!

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I'm in the middle of season 2 of Enterprise but had to pause after Hoshi's ep10 Vanishing Point ep. While it was suspenseful, it being a hallucination was super annoying. Plus it disparaged the science of transporters, c'moooon.

Also the ep after that (11 Precious Cargo) was an alien princess having a love hate thing with Trip, geez, haha.

But, holy cow, ep14 Stigma turned mind melding into an HIV parallel? Holy cow. T'Pol wasn't showing emotion but she was angry at being shamed at the mind / sexual assault, yow. I'd sad that the ep didn't end on a complete happy ending on the social side but, worse, the Pa'nar infection wasn't cured! T'Pol is still afflicted!

Speaking of double standards, while I raised my eyebrow at Trip fooling around with the alien princess at the Precious Cargo ep, I was somehow looking down at him for not being receptive to Phlox's wife's seduction. He had Phlox's blessing, c'moooon! Hehe

Joking aside, Mestral does not show up again in the show, but does have a respectable career in tie-in fiction.
I clicked the spoiler and aaaaaaw, I would have liked to see an ep of his further earth misadventures, since he was enjoying himself.

I didn't know the name was a reference to the actual creator of Velcro. Pretty cool, hehe. But it was T'Pol's ancestor who introduced Velcro, not Mestral though. Unless she used his name? Either way, that was a cool reference, hehe

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I'm at the start of season 3, continuing after the ship goes into the Expanse, and they altered the intro song?!? The lyrics are the same but there's some sort of upbeat tone in the background. WTFerengi?!? I want the season 1 and 2 song back! The additional tone changed the solemn country whatever feeling it had. The new one feels, I dunno, like the compromised it now, darn!

Oh and I saw this strip before but since I'll probably never get around to giving comments to each ep I saw, I might as well put it up.
pxYsc7X.jpeg

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Yeah, at the time Enterprise came out I was put off by the intro having lyrics at all as that was something Star Trek just hadn't done. Years later, I do like the first version of the song, still dislike the second version. (Also it's fun to meme-reference the lyrics and trigger impromptu singalongs, ala Bowie's Dance Magic, but on Trek-related threads.)

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, I don't think that the second version is very popular. I think everyone prefers the original version.

What did you think of the Xindi Probe opening?

LiamA

Citizen
I'm at the start of season 3, continuing after the ship goes into the Expanse, and they altered the intro song?!? The lyrics are the same but there's some sort of upbeat tone in the background. WTFerengi?!? I want the season 1 and 2 song back! The additional tone changed the solemn country whatever feeling it had. The new one feels, I dunno, like the compromised it now, darn!

Oh and I saw this strip before but since I'll probably never get around to giving comments to each ep I saw, I might as well put it up.
View attachment 19715

Oh boy.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Yeah, at the time Enterprise came out I was put off by the intro having lyrics at all as that was something Star Trek just hadn't done. Years later, I do like the first version of the song, still dislike the second version. (Also it's fun to meme-reference the lyrics and trigger impromptu singalongs, ala Bowie's Dance Magic, but on Trek-related threads.)
I want to see these impromptu singalongs! Is it like the Supernatural Fandom when someone starts saying 'carry on, my wayward son...'?

Yeah, I don't think that the second version is very popular. I think everyone prefers the original version.

What did you think of the Xindi Probe opening?
That thing that cut a swath on Earth? Terrifying. It could have done far worse damage but didn't.

Top Bottom