Saved By The Bell

wentwood

Citizen
Back in 2018 Shout got rights to release Saved By The Bell 1988 which includes the 13 part Good Morning Miss Bliss. Also The College Years.

Currently I'm watching Series III the 4th over all.

Anybody have a chance to see the series on either TBS or Me TV? Or NBC in the 90s?

Also Peacock currently streams the series.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My cousin had Satelitte tv back in the day, not that Dish network stuff, but the old fashioned trampoline size dish. He loved that show, but I just never got into it.

wentwood

Citizen
well I didn't have NBC at the time so I've been watching it on DVD after buying the Shout set.

It's great they included Miss Bliss with it as I didn't have Disney Channel in 88.

I finished the 2020 series on Peacock.

Saved By The Bell was one of those shows everybody as it were was watching it back then.

Saved By The Bell is one of those weird ones that kind of grows on you after you watch a few.

This happened after I had finished the Miss Bliss episodes.

Me TV used to run it at a bad hour. So I opted for DVD to see it later in the day.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I watched the hell out of it back during it's original run. I was never super into the "various love triangle drama situations," but I enjoyed the comedy sitcom type elements of it. Plus, there just weren't that many different options for kid-centered saturday morning television shows back then. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go yell at some kids to get off my lawn while I slowly crumble into dust.

wentwood

Citizen
Well I have started watching 80s and 90s shows on DVD.

I own this and Fresh Prince from NBC.

As for Saved By The Bell over all it's solid so far and I've watched a few once in a while during shows that are on break.

I have yet to finish The College Years having only seen 3 episodes of it.

I'm not crazy nuts into it or anything.

I'm a casual viewer mostly.

I was watching Growing Pains on ABC (KABY) at the time Saved By The Bell was on.

Also Home Improvement.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Let's see...

Back in the day, I'm sure I saw every episode, including the integrated Miss Bliss episodes (not sure if there were any that didn't carry over to SBTB), many times over. On TBS, Fox, NBC, anywhere I could get it.

And The College Years.

And the movies. Two of them, as I recall.

Didn't really watch The New Class.

And didn't get to see the recent "reboot."

Have seen all of "Zack Morris is Trash," though. Hope they bring that back, now that the guy doing it isn't writing the reboot any more.

wentwood

Citizen
The 13 Part Good Morning Miss Bliss was integrated into Saved By The Bell and they tweeked the opening from Saved By The Bell for the Miss Bliss class.

The College Years was also included for Syndication.

The movies were split into 8 episodes for Syndication.

For Syndication Miss Bliss was run first before the main Saved By The Bell series and is SBTB The Junior High Years.

So in Syndication there were 6 series of Saved By The Bell ran together as one series.

wentwood

Citizen
Shout Factory

Shout had released the Syndication set for Saved By The Bell in 2018 marking the first time Miss Bliss was seen on US DVD.

The series title Good Morning Miss Bliss is however used on the DVD cover.

I got this set as I was missing The College Years and the movies. I had SBTB from Lions gate DVD previously.

Last edited:

wentwood

Citizen
I was watching Saved By The Bell out of curiosity mostly.

I was one of the few not to have seen it.

After I finish The College Years will watch it once a week on DVD.

Axaday

Citizen
Well I have started watching 80s and 90s shows on DVD.

I own this and Fresh Prince from NBC.

As for Saved By The Bell over all it's solid so far and I've watched a few once in a while during shows that are on break.

I have yet to finish The College Years having only seen 3 episodes of it.

I'm not crazy nuts into it or anything.

I'm a casual viewer mostly.

I was watching Growing Pains on ABC (KABY) at the time Saved By The Bell was on.

Also Home Improvement.
I saw the College Years in reruns. I didn't watch them on first run.

I caught some New Class on Saturday mornings. The quality was the same, but the cast switched several times in the few seasons they had and it made no sense that after depicting Screech as a genius they bought him back as the Principal's assistant. At the very least they should have made him the science teacher.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I caught some New Class on Saturday mornings. The quality was the same, but the cast switched several times in the few seasons they had and it made no sense that after depicting Screech as a genius they bought him back as the Principal's assistant. At the very least they should have made him the science teacher.
At least the new series on Peacock made him into an astronaut who was up in space working on the International Space Station (explaining why he was absent from that series both before and after his actor passed away).

Anyway, I've seen all of the main series, all of The College Years, both of their movies, only some of The Junior High Years, only the first season of The New Class, and both seasons of the Peacock series.

Cybersnark

Citizen
The Peacock series is way better than it has any right to be; it succeeds in both celebrating and deconstructing the original, by accepting that a lot of the stuff we laughed at in the 80s just isn't funny. It has the confidence to take what the original show held up as the ideal teen trickster hero (by making Mack a literal copy-paste of Zack) and turn him into the punchline.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The Peacock series is way better than it has any right to be; it succeeds in both celebrating and deconstructing the original, by accepting that a lot of the stuff we laughed at in the 80s just isn't funny. It has the confidence to take what the original show held up as the ideal teen trickster hero (by making Mack a literal copy-paste of Zack) and turn him into the punchline.
And now it's canceled.

wentwood

Citizen
I just started the Malibu Sands arc with guest star Carrie from The King Of Queens the other day on DVD.

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
It usually aired after Cartoons ended on Saturday morning for me. I didn't catch it terribly often, usually watched a movie on Fox, or played video games after the cartoons ended, but ultimately saw quite a few episodes.

wentwood

Citizen
I got it via Shout Factory DVD but have yet to see The College Years start to finish.

I have Series IV to watch yet.

Top Bottom